Fisher Fury Finished

LSP_Ron

Thanks all

A bit too clean for my liking but that is your way and I respect that absolutely.

No worries, I like them dirty also. Clean was totally intentional. The RCN only few them from '48-'57 so a pretty short service life. The paint should be gloss but it didn't look right on the model. Gloss is easy to keep clean. I figured since they were not used in combat and not flown every day the crew would keep them in top shape. I also only did a very small amount of chipping around the foot mounts only. I figured this thing would be about as dirty as a modern airliner?

Now THAT is awesome!

A bit too clean for my liking but that is your way and I respect that absolutely.

I like them dirty also. Clean was totally intentional. The RCN only few them from '48-'57 so a pretty short service life. The paint should be gloss but it didn't look right on the model. Gloss is easy to keep clean. I figured since they were not used in combat and not flown every day the crew would keep them in top shape. I also only did a very small amount of chipping around the foot mounts only. I figured this thing would be about as dirty as a modern airliner?

I'm having the same weathering dilema with my RNZAF planes. Seems smaller Air Forces like to keep their birds shiny.

I guess we're all just grubs! Must be a boy thing.

Now THAT is awesome!

Seems smaller Air Forces like to keep their birds shiny.

Thanks much,

Actually that is a bit of a miss conception about the RCN and RCAF. during that period of the late 40's though 60's we had the forth largest Airforce and third largest navy. In 1951 we still had 41 operational sqdrn's.

Hard to beleive now.

Ron: Absolutely stunning. A friend of mine had a 1:1 Sea Fury "Magnificent Maggie" based at Boundary Bay but I don't have the photos of it handy...could have been "108" but not certain. Some of my old Anchor Clanker friends would go nuts over this one.

From my recollection of the Furies they were a satin finish but very clean. Any grunt leaving a paw print on one would catch a big blast as Brad might attest to.

Barney