Montex 1/32 scale Hawker Fury

Hacker

just something l like about the 30's Hawker Fury biplane. Now there is a 1/32 scale kit of this plane. l may think about this one

http://www.hyperscale.com/reviews/kits/mon...previewjl_1.htm

Years ago I started a 1930's RAF theme in 1/72, and got as far as a Fury, a Hawker Woodcock, a Bristol Bulldog and a Siskin.

Then I moved up a scale to 1/48 and bashed an accurate Fury from the Airfix and Inpact Fury kits before I again stalled.

Montex are really trying me...Gamecock, Fury..if they do a Bulldog I'm stuffed, I'll have to buy all three.

I realize that this question is a bit premature but is it resin or styrene? :huh:

It looks like it is an injection molded goodie.

So, does that mean they will charge $200 for it? :huh:

Or, if it is a styrene injection molded kit will it be more affordable, like maybe $50 (USD)? :rolleyes:

If it is another $200 kit like their Boomerang, sorry, I cannot afford it.

Y'know, I used to scoff at Hasegawa, always bringing out a slightly different mark of the Fw-190 or Me-109.

But now I am coming to appreciate this fine company.

Why? Because their kits are usually priced well under $50.

Bully for Hasegawa and Revellogram! :lol:

The Bronx cheer, Braaaaaaaap! to the companies who market injection molded kits in the $100-150 range. ;)

P.S. This little diatribe of mine does not apply to resin kits. I know how much work goes into producing resin kits and I cannot say anything bad about these fine "mom & pop" operations. I only wish I could afford to spend the money for them. :(

Stephen, Montex's kits are all resin, including the Boomerang, just released Gamecock and soon to be Fury. The shots you are looking at are masters. As they are all hand cast and will be short run, that is why they are so expensive, just as Fisher Models and Radu/MDC's stuff. I for one are glad they are willing to do such work as they do such esoteric stuff!!!

Stephen, Montex's kits are all resin, including the Boomerang, just released Gamecock and soon to be Fury. The shots you are looking at are masters. As they are all hand cast and will be short run, that is why they are so expensive, just as Fisher Models and Radu/MDC's stuff. I for one are glad they are willing to do such work as they do such esoteric stuff!!!

Thank you for the info.

Alas, I'll have to pass on the Boomerang, Gamecock and Fury.

I cannot afford to pay $200 a model. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying they are not worth it.

I am just saying that I cannot afford them.

Such is life.

Stephen