kingfisher "progress"

Jack

Jeff, AFAIK there are no after products in 1\32 for the Kingfisher, so it's all scratchbuilt, and i tried to fix it as good and accurate as possible, but this kit is a *#@#!!!...to build... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, i had it planned for the PTO group build, but now i might as well finish it in an earlier version with two tone camo, white and red tail and yellow wings and such.

at least, that's what i'll be trying to do.... :P

J.

Jack,

I wasn't aware this was a 32nd project. I assumed it was the Monogram 1/48 Kingfisher. My bad :)

What kit is this or is it totally scratch? I'd love to see details of the interior.

I think it'll look great in a pre-war yellow wings scheme. Keep us posted.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It's the Combat kit, very, very basic, and ofcourse no interior, bought it from Larry and wanted to contribute to the PTO groupbuild, but "ofcourse" got side tracked with other chores and things.

The interior is scratched as good as possible, had some help thru publications like squadron and the internet, and so the interior might not be of "resin-quality" like for the 48th scale kit but it's a representation.

I'm shooting the camo this evening and will try to finish it more or less by the end of this week, so there will be pictures of the interior.

i'll keep you posted,

thnx,

Jack.

A bit more progress, trying to do some accentuating with a pencil iso wash (recessed lines on vacs are mostly too shallow, wide or non existing).

Also i should do something about my photo shooting technique....it stinks :)

anyhow, hope you enjoy looking at this project.

Jack

post-16-1190922417.jpg

Also i should do something about my photo shooting technique....it stinks :)

Its the usual single light bulb hanging from the ceiling that makes many peoples photography so stinky. Its just to weak for decent photos :blink:

But if I ignore that, I have to say, its a mighty fine bird you built here. I like it, even though its not exactly my topic ;)

Hey Kotr....thanks indeed for the tip, it should be so obvious, and i do have a more or less single light source hanging directly over the work bench, so i should be changing that into something more "multi-directional", hope that'll work.

i'm pleased you like the subject..... :)

J.

Best source of light is still our good old sun on a bright, sunny day...

...k, when I look out of my window, or better hear the raindrops hitting the corrugated sheet cover in the opposite yard, there's not much going on with photography this weekend... :rolleyes: