Hasegawa 190 A4

Don Watters

Thanks for the kind words and ideas. I'm starting to think I like this scheme, even though it's an A2...

The only thing I'm not confident with is the aerial attachment point on the tail fin. Any ideas?

Artwork from the superb Kagero FW 190 series, Vol II.

post-1687-1186573878.jpg

Don, that backdate isn't just about the antenna attachment point on the rudder... see the black panel behind the cowling? from the late A-3 onwards, the wurger had louvers there (as you do on your A-5); early A-3s and A-2s had plain oval heat-dissipating openings (not sure, but there might have been some kind of grating or netting behind them, you might want to check your own references). Take a look at the 1/48 Hasegawa Focke, maybe even the Dragon one, they come with different parts representing each of those setups, in order to emulate yours.

Don, that backdate isn't just about the antenna attachment point on the rudder

Thanks, super, I didn't make myself very clear in that post.

I was aware of the change in the cooling vents/louvres, and I think I will be fine with modifying it, but grafting in a realistic aerial attachment point I'm still thinking about.

Thanks for the heads up, anyhow.

Thanks, Chris. The artwork I included is supposedly an A2, and you're right in that the rear fin attachment point is the same between the A2 and A3.

I think I just may stick to an A4 conversion - I've done all the cutting, just need to complete the filling and rescribing of hatches and such. I guess I was just thinking out loud when I posted the A2 artwork. <_<

Agree totally with your opinion of 190 models. Can't get enough of them.

• 2 weeks later...
Last one for today.

Don!

Your cockpit looks very good! I really like the instruments with the decals, very realistic! And if you aren't satisfied with the buckles, You can change them to PE ones, in the future!

Keep us posted! :lol:

Cheers:

georch, from Hungary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...