P-47 - SEAC Markings?

TimW

So is anybody aware of there being any SEAC type markings for the new Jug?

I guess what I really would like to see is those two-tone dark blue/light blue roundels in 1/32. I've never been able to find any!

TimW

No, but...

They should be very easy to mask and paint...just have to be able to draw a circle!!

The markings were undersized, you might be able to use roundels from a 1/32 Seafire, Sea Hurricane, etc.

Jeff

I thought about doing a SEAC machine for a bit but they seem a little bland to me (plus I really can't stand crabs! :) ). Anyway, I reckon with a little bit of research some 72nd roundels for pacific Royal Navy aircraft might fit the bill. looking at phots and profiles they seem tiny!

Edited for spolling mistaycks

The markings are small...

Masking may be the way to go as I don't have any of the other scale SEAC markings in my stash. While some call them bland, I think the white ID stripes on the wings, tail and stabilizers make them rather unique.

Squadron markings aren't too much of a bother, either.

Tim W

Why not get the old revel kit if you like a challenge? you could then kit bash between the two as well like i am , usine the older prop etc on the razorback. and the decals for the new jug Its very easy to get declals for the razorback.

Oh if only i had the means to show you all my Revell jug in all its glory dressed up in S.E.A.C markings.

For those of you who wish to finish your jugs in this scheme the roundels are available from Almark decals

available from Hannants , sheet no AKA4811 will give you all you need , although this sheet is 48th scale

the larger roundels are perfect for the jug. :unsure:

It has also occured to me that Cutting Edge does a Hawk 75 set of decals that includes SEAC roundels.

Can't be too far off from what I need.

Nevertheless, if newer Jug-specific sets may be in the offing I can be patient! :unsure:

Tim W

If you can get me the dimensions of the roundels, the fin flash and the appropriate colors, I can make you a set. Hell, if you send me the squadron markings, serial numbers and approximate sizes and colors, (or a photo of the plane you're looking at) I can do them as well. If the aircraft has nose art, that'll be a tad more difficult though, but not impossible.

I have an ALPS MD-1300 and can kick out good color decals, on good quality paper (can't do shades of grey though....it doesn't work well on the ALPS) with relative ease.

Tim :blink:

Another thought--did the RAF Jugs have sutton harnesses or did they keep the standard USAAF ones?

I have a nice Eduard US set of straps, but would hate to go to the trouble to put them in and find out they are wrong.

My usual sources aren't casting much light on this!

Regards,

Tim W