Hawker Hurricane IIB FINISHED

Allok

Pictures191.jpg

In hind sight, I would probably have been better of starting with a MKI.

Maybe I should have posted my pic earlier.But it seems to me that you made the pannellines for the two outward guns a bit to farback.

I hope you don't mind me pointing this out,but I know you are more into getting thing correct than I am.

lastscan-1.jpg

Erwin is correct... sort of.

I put them about 1mm too far back before I realised I'd messed up, but this is compounded by the kit ones being too far forward!

I'm not fixing it now.

I tried to use the kit decals for the instrument panel. They were too big, far too bright and then they fell apart. So I have done my usual trick and painted them. Pics in the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

A little progress:

Pics showing the new dash and gun sight... still needs paint.

Seatbelts and canopy handgrabs.

Pictures198.jpg

Pictures199.jpg

Pictures196.jpg

Pictures197.jpg

The decals are causing me some grief. The Eagle Strike Hurricane sheet has gone out of production and they never contacted me after I tried to order them. So I've been waiting and waiting for something that's not coming.

I'll see if the early Spitfire ones will work.

Keith,

Nice conversion and detail work there Keith. Your 'updates' are the most logical and easiest way of going about it. Looks brilliant so far. All of this scratch building shall stand you in good stead for any future detailing projects - well done.

Derek

Thanks guys.

Lots of problems and hold-ups have seriously hampered what I thought was going to be a "Quick build". I am certainly pleased with the cockpit and the general surface detailing is pretty good but the nose stretchy thing didn't go as smoothly as planed, the wings didn't want to fit to the fuse and the roots are still wrong, I've STILL got no accurate decals (Although if push came to shove, I could always paint these on- They're only circles after all) and I couldn't quite get the brown right.

Apart from that, I am still soldering on as I love the little Hurricane and also feel it is seriously under-represented.

What's a plane collection without a Hurri?

Which Hurricane did you want to build as i have the Eagle Strike Sheet :D

Cheers Keith. I just need a couple of small A1 type roundels and a couple of large A type roundels. I'll let you know if Eagle Strike/Aeromaster keep ignoring me or if I get stuck.

Do you still need some Stars and Bars decals for your projects? You never Emailed me your address.

I've got a few sets of old Revell ones I'll never use if you want them.

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Kieth;

I am woefully slow when it comes to the group builds, and to be honest I very, very rarely look in, so I have unfortunately missed this build from the very beginning.

It is a seriously impressive bit of work though, and you have done a spectacular job with the scratchbuilding. The tubular framework is excellently done, as is the rest, but I am also impressed byu the approach you took to lengthening the nose.

Nice work mate,

Jay

Thanks for the complements guys.

VERY slow progress at the moment. The shortest day just came and went for us here in New Zealand with a particularly icey blast in the south of the Island where I live. Unfortunately, the residents were caught un-prepared and there was a fatality on the road due to the snow. This put my difficulty of trying to find somewhere warm to paint in perspective.

On a more positive note. I think I have been able to solve my other problem regarding markings for this plane. So thanks to Keith for the offer but you might want to hang on to that Eagle strike set now that it is OOP.

While I was buying stuff willy-nilly, I thought I'd pick up a Luftwaffe Starter Cart kit from a company called Wingz. Has anybody had any experience with this companies models before?

• 2 weeks later...

Great paintjob on the camo. ! Well done.

Cheers Erwin.

It's amazing what you can do with a $20.00 airbrush if you're careful.

Some decals have arrived and I have been slowly working away at it. Still a few more bits to do.

Pictures202.jpg

Pictures201.jpg

Pictures200.jpg