Me 262 Sturmvogel

alaninaustria

the last pic for today....You can see the red coloured intake FOD guards... I made those with streched sprue... wrapped around anything I could find that was round.. and then dipped in boiling water to capture the round shape and then glued together.... they look a little rough... but at that size I can't even hold them in my fingers... they are so light and small :D

Dave: thanks for the nice comments... I used Alcad aluminum and I turned the oleos on my lathe to polish them up.... nothing tricky... but rather time consuming... B)

P.s Jay... if you are reading this thread.... hurry up with those resin wheels mate!!!

post-10-1176483287.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Alan;

I know I keep saying this but the wheels are almost ready! :D The wheels will be going onto the casting table in the next few days, and will be ready withing the next two weeks barring any disasters.

The model is looking fantastic mate! You are really bloody good at this modelling lark man.

Cheers mate,

Jay

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hej, thanks for the nice comments guys! I do appreciate it! ..........Getting back in touch with this long time build.... Jay finally got off his arse :blink: :blink: and sent me the new Mastercaster's resin replacement wheels!! :ph34r: Wow... what a great product! :blink: :blink:

Thanks Jay :blink:

I am pretty impressed with these tyres, and an actual review will hit the site soon... stay tuned! Until then here are a few teaser pics (the hydraulic cables still have to be twisted and plumbed in from behind... :blink: )

Cheers

Alan :blink: .............slowly getting there! :blink:

Bloody marvelous Jay.... I really hope you will some tyres for the new hasegawa Jug!

post-10-1180437656.jpg

post-10-1180437665.jpg

Good choice Alan, those wheels are bloody nice to say the least. I shall be counting the number of 262's I have in my stash and order some myself. they are way out nice. They will definitely enhance the beauty of the wonderful piece of art you have just produced. It looks good, real good.

Guest LSP_Jay L

Thanks guys!! I am glad you like the wheels. I hate to say it, as it sounds conceited, but they do look pretty damn good on the model don't they? :ph34r: I am really pleased with this set. They are selling incredibly as well. I am having a very hard time keeping up with demand.

I really hope you will some tyres for the new hasegawa Jug!

I am actually just adding the dimples to the diamond tread pattern as we speak. I will be sending them off to Brian for casting later this afternoon. Depending on how busy Brian is, I hope to have some test shots in about a week, and then hopefully into production in about three weeks.

Cheers guys,

Jay

this one is looking good as well. i like the wheelwells. jay's wheels round up the thing just as it should look like. i think ill get a set of his tires as well. the 262 might be my next aircraft on the to do list.

cheers klaus

• 1 month later...

Here is the final entry for this bird..... I have finally finished her up! B)

Hope you like her as much as I do.... she is a great addition to my growing collection!!

Cheers

Alan B)

I will be submitting a set of pics for the next update...

I really hope that Trumpeter will get the two seater out soon!! I can't wait to do a night fighter!!

post-10-1185711412.jpg