Hasegawa Fw 190 A5

gustave venelt

Hi Gustave,

I took a real close look at photos of the control surfaces of restored FW 190s in " Walkaround" and "Aerodetail' and it looks like Klaus's take is pretty accurate. The covered surfaces are mostly flat. It looks like on earlier kits the surfaces have been overdone. I think if you sand yours down some they would be right on. The build is great so far. I'm looking forward to your artistic weathering and chipping like on your MS 406. Can you post a pic of the color scheme you're palnning?

Thanks for your thoughts guys!

I'll take your collective advice and sand the detail down to almost nill. I too thought it was way to visible specially on the rudder...

Klaus thanks for the wiring part too! I'll look into it!

Bill, funny the way we have of starting same models at the same time....or is it just because its a classic? I found this intresting build on a Swiss forum (in french). Here is the link:

romandie maquettisme

The AC I'm planning is black 7 of 5./ JG 54 (If this profil is under copyright or whatever its called please let me know and I'll take it off, thanks)

post-912-1159292565.jpg

Gustave

Lovely looking build so far. Do look out for some of the A-5 features not addressed by Hasegawa. One which comes immediately to mind is the size/shape of the under fuselage access panel.

Following quoted from Jerry Crandall's website:

"Due to the fact that the kit fuselage halves are carried over from their A-8 kit several panels need to be modified. Besides the panels that the kit instructs the modeler to fill in, there are two others that they neglected to mention. The large panel under the rear fuselage that was introduced on the A-8 series to accommodate the 115 litre additional fuel tank that was used for additional fuel or used as an MW 50 tank. The A-5 panel should be re-scribed and is a smaller oval shaped access door with six fasteners. The round primer filler point also introduced on the A-8 that is located just under the left side of the cockpit needs to be filled in also for the A-5 sub-type."

Looking forward to more of this one.

Matt

Hi GV...good to see you back man... :) Love all the details. I dunno what the other guys are on about but would probably take their word for it. I love the extra effort you're putting in...soon OOB will almost be a criminal activity ( LOL...not really).

Very cool idea on the seat and I think the oxygen thingy ( regulator) and seat belt mount points add good detail. Way to go. Always getting new ideas from LSP

Cheers Matty

Now...no weathering with one of these OK...promise? :P

post-901-1159338027.jpg

here is a picture of the flugwerk fw 190 A

1152_6663663062316636.jpg

i am glad that you didnt shout at me for my critics. if you sand down the putty a bit, i am sure you will have a stunning result. and if its just the fact that your controllsurfaces look slightly different to all others. thats very cool! makes it more realistic to my feeling.

cheers klaus

Gustave, I just bought an excellent modeling book on the 190 from my model shop. It is "Histoire & Collections, Planes and Model Kits, FW 190 A/F". It has a wonderful step by step build of the exact aircraft you are making. Very nice details of how the camouflage is painted.