Just got the test shot of the VFS 1/24 Thunderbolt

ChrisS

I just recieved the test shot of this beast...it's huge!

I'm making a reccomendations report on any issues needing correction before going to production. Without a good hard look at the parts I can't say much definitively yet, however the fit and detail is very good. Surface detail might be some of the best I've seen in 1/24...much more subtle than Trumpeter's Spitfire for example, with about 25% more level of detail.

Not sure how long till release, but my guess would be this Winter. It's got a nice ord package too with two 250lb bombs, two of the teardrop (P-38) tanks, two of the "paper" 105 gal tanks, a single of the "flat" drop tanks for the centerline, and 2 bazooka rocket launchers. The kit also has multiple propellers which will make navigating builds of the D-25 through D-28 quite simple.

Just wanted to post some news on the kit. Its very cool!

One more thing to add:

It also has two interchangable panels in the port wing underside to relocate the landing light for D-30 and beyond. The initial kit probably won't ship with the dive brake parts, but you could get away with a simple scribing job for those if you wanted to build a D-30 with this kit.

More as it happens.

Ok you guys are gonna be probably hating my guts here but I asume we are talking about a normal

plastic kit right? or this a resin bird?

just checking as I kinda want to build a big JUG

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs