knobs...

Need to make the knobs on the ends of the mixture and pitch controls on the 51 throttle quad.

Thought about doing the white glue thing then painting them but they always (at least for me) come out looking like globs of painted glue. In that respect they are very realistic. Tried to find some really, really small beads - no cigar there. Mrs suggested those little candy sprinkles- nonparielles I think they are called...so much for that conversation. Course if I screw it up i can always eat the mistakes...and they are about the right size and round...never mind.

Any suggestions?

Geoff

Ironwing,

Got a couple of ideas for u,but it will depend if u have a hobby lobby in u'er area,or a Micheal's store.It's the same as hobby lobby for decorating items and etc.

There are straight pens that have colored little balls on the end of them.have used them and they work pretty good.And there are various items in the walk throughs in hobby lobby that one can make rings,braclets and other items thta have small dia. beads and etc.

one will have to play detective here.But u should find what u need in one of those stores.larry

Try 30 min. epoxy with a little filler in it, like talcum powder. It'll hold its shape and won't shrink and distort like white glue will. I've done that and it works well. A little practice first, though!

Regards,

Ross

I used pins with the colored balls on the ends that Larry mentioned. I just took a small file and rounded and downsized them a bit then cut the pin to length. Here they are in my long-suffering Cougar pit:

Cougar_9.jpg

i dont know if it will have the right sice but if you take a 0,2mm copper wire and heat it in the middle with a gas-storm-lightner (blue flame) it suddenly melts, cuts into two pieces and has a perfect knob on the end. this technic really works fine but i think 0.2mm is the maximum diameter wire you can use.

give it a try... its funny.

cheers klaus

OK, this is out there and I haven't tried it but, how about poppy seeds? Off of a Kaiser roll-Ya know? :lol: Seal with a drop of future and color to....ummm...taste :lol:

OK,I'm opening the garage door a little more to let the fumes out......... ;)

Hi Geoff,

after a few years working on armor models, i came to the conclusion that the easist was to replicate this type of knob/ levers is to take an old Brita water filter...open it up and you will see tons of tiny perfect plastic balls in all sizes...

they can easily be attached to styrene rods and look amazing!!

I'll post up a photo later on today!

hope this helps!

Nick

...ok - i tried the Britta water filter - there are tons of litlle plastic balls in there - all of which are too small for applications in 1/32- but it was a good try

geoff