AIMS 1/32 Ju 188 conversion

Pastor John

Hi all,

Hope having pics in other threads doesn't confuse things as I wanted people to see parts coming along but anyway this will be the dedicated AIMS Ju 188 thread from now on I think. I have just finished the decals - not a lot of work really as I had all the designs already in 1/48 and 1/72. I really wanted to have a French Navy option as well but may release that as a seperate kit later. You will spot at the bottom of the sheet some options I will cut off to use as other inexpensive conversion projects

4U+MK Ju 88 T-1

D5+EV Ju 88 R-1

'X' & 'G' Ju 88 S-1

'B' Ju 88 S-3

These should all be ready about the same time as the Ju 188.

You will also spot that the kit includes the KG 26 option 1H+GT but please be aware that the kit will not come with the torpedoes or ETC racks for these, the decal option is just there in case such parts are on the market by the time all this is ready. Hope that makes sense?

Best wishes

John

32ndJu188kit.gif

Edited by Pastor John

• 2 weeks later...

Help Needed! I changed the decal sheet, the Ju 188 A/D options are gone and will be a seperate release as there is still much work to be done but hardly anything left to do on the E/F version so those markings are gone, being replaced by the French Navy option 10.S.13. Does anyone know what the text is on the fin? The photos in the Monograph paperback are not clear enough. Any help would be welcome including some idea as to the colour blue the French used to spray the Ju 188s?

Many thanks

John

Can't remember if you've seen this http://fighters.forumactif.com/t27510-help-needed-ju-188-e-aeronavale You might like to ask Antoine/Anthony-LS who is an active member on ARC http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showuser=7021 and speaks English to post on the thread for further info, and to publicise the conversion, mine went unanswered, don't know it it's because it's in the wrong place, or for another reason...

Many thanks. It's amazing how things are taking shape, all I have to do is design ammo chuts and ammo chute feeds and do some scribing on the outer wing sections and we are done! Then it is just a case of seeing what I can cast and what needs sent away and then waiting for those resin bits and photo etch sheets and decals to be sent me. Thank you Hans for pointing me to Luft Achieve, they sent my Ju 188 pdfs that are not going to be available till the end of the year so I had lots of stuff I had never seen before, everything a growing boy could wish for - did mean gutting out my cockpit and starting over mind! But its all looking great. Like I say I am going to release the Ju 188 A/D at a latter date so that I can get this out sooner. I am also rather tired as a result of trying too hard to get this as right as possible.

Best wishes

John

Sorry, didn't mean it in a bad way, was just trying to think positive as I really would like one, but as mentioned previously, can't be bothered with vac canopies. So while I will not be able to build a Ju188 anytime soon, at least I can save up some money for something else that might be of interest.

Decals done, please note changes. Not much left to do now. Clear resin may be possible in the future, Bob at MDC will see what he can do with my vacs. If they are thick enough like myself it may be possible to convert them but this is not a promise to anyone. The conversion will therefore still be released with 2x vac sets in case of mistakes and those buying such a set are free to get clear resin parts seperatly in the future if and when they are available. Bye for now

John

CopyofJu188EF.gif

Hi James,

If you go to my website and click on the 1/48 decal 48D006 you will see all the Ju 188 E/F options minus the French one. Only U5+BM has the squiggles. Thanks to Andy for pointing out I missed the anchor needed for the rudder on the French option - never saw that before but on looking at the photos indeed it is there - phew :o

Thanks Doug,

Please note everyone that the decal design went off to Fantasy Printshop today, but not before the missing anchor for the rudder was added and the text underneath 'AEROSUDEST' was changed to 'No.1.' Any info on unit and base etc is welcome for the instructions, as is a CMYK formula for this Karki colour I hear about. I am not convinced from the photos of this particular machine that it carried yellow outer rings to the roundals so they have not been included.

Scratch built the forward MG 151 yesterday so here is the long list of what is left to do...

Fill in a depression in the outer wingtip aileron sections where the skin had sunk, then make new mould

Alter kits control grip - make mould

Scratch build Revi gunsight for pilot when MG 151 in fixed position, make mould

Scratch build ammo chutes, make mould (this will limit options for weapon positions but it is either that or you get your own flexable material that looks like extractorfan hose)

Design instruction (sob, sob not looking forward to this)

Best wishes

Pastor John

(yes I do find time to Pastor as well!)

Edited by Pastor John