AIMS 1/32 Ju 188 conversion

Pastor John

No Doug, the rear B Stand Bola is armoured on the G and the front windshield is also armoured causing the roof to meet the windsield at a much straighter angle. Please keep this page for Ju 188 related thoughts but PM me or email me about anything Ju 88 related you like and I will help if I can.

Best wishes

John

Hi John, I really like the French navy option. The French used them as launching platforms for tests with Ruhrstahl X-4 anti aircraft missiles and Henschel Hs 293 guided bombs. Now that would make an eyecatching conversion.

I went to the IPMS Antwerp convention yesterday and saw this book with lots of photos and info on the French Ju 88 & 188s.

arton690.jpg

Hans

Hi John, I really like the French navy option. The French used them as launching platforms for tests with Ruhrstahl X-4 anti aircraft missiles and Henschel Hs 293 guided bombs. Now that would make an eyecatching conversion.

I went to the IPMS Antwerp convention yesterday and saw this book with lots of photos and info on the French Ju 88 & 188s.

arton690.jpg

Hans

A superquick google came up with this http://cgi.ebay.ie/AVIATION-JUNKERS-88-ET-188-FRANCAIS-/310296444092?pt=JG_FR_Collections_Aviation&hash=item483f1bfcbc#ht_5509wt_1139 and in this review it gives a price of 45 Euros http://www.mct57.org/index.php?topic=14.0 google also threw this up http://www.frenchwings.net/navy/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=307 which clearly shows no yellow surround to the roundel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick update to say I only have to do the detail ontop of the HD 131 ring, the framework at the bottom of the said turrets cartridge bag, and ...something I wasn't planning on - the Loft 7 D bombsight - looking at the excellent photos on website made me realise the differences are too big to just use the kits Loft 7 C (may have got my designations wrong but hopefully you get the point!) BMW 801s will come pre-hollowed and almost ready to fit straight over the exhausts. Hope many of you buy it, make it, and enjoy it! When I am finished I will give everything a coat of primer and polish it up ready to go off to get cast for me - before that I will post photos of all the parts. No idea what this will all cost yet.

Best wishes

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am now finished every master needed for the forthcoming 1/32 Ju 188 E/F conversion for the Revell Ju 88 A-1 kit. The purpose of this post is to introduce interested persons to all the resin items that are about to be sent off to be cast. This will mean the kit will be more expensive than the Ju 88 G-6 but I do not have the equipment to cast super fine details or hollow details. you will have seen the vac form clear parts other than the top turrett and bombsight already, the photo etch is away being done and the decals are being printed as we speak so as I say this is just to show you what you get resin wise - look away now if you do not want to see the score!

First up is the cockpit as this really is the star of the show - in my opinion anyway. There will be very little for you to do other than add some pipework and do a good job of the A Stand Mg 151/20 set up (if needed) and clear parts - the rest will just be painting and decalling, enjoy

IMGP2884.jpg

John, surely this is a late April fool? That is absolutely STUNNING!! Your best work yet! :speak_cool:

The Mistel is coming along nicely, and I hope I can do this the same justice. You are 'da man'!!!

I'll drop you a line this next few days :)

Jim

Going back to the cockpit for some kind of order here, the seats will include the pilots seat in the different design to what was in the Ju 88 G-6, the bomb-aimer/co0pilots fold down seat (locking catch is PE) and back of radio operators seat (rest one piece with cockpit tub! Naturally PE seat belts are provided. The engineers/C Stand gunners fabric seat is on the PE

IMGP2872.jpg

To the rear of the cockpit a new revised layour radio bank is provided plus the two C Stand ammo bins. PE rear canopy ejection panels etc will be provided to attach to rear frame of vacform main upper part

IMGP2870.jpg

Moving forward - mainly (not the camera!) you have the main pilots instrument panel, his control column, his Stovi reflector sight and the Loft 7D bombsight. Two cameras are also provided for the rear fuselage but I am leaving you the modeller to fabricate your own camera windows.

IMGP2868.jpg