Hasegawa 190 D-9

WrongWay

Here I go with my second model and first online build. Hope I don't blow this! :D Thinking about going with Brown 18 from Eagle Editions.

I used a PE set from another 190 that I got for cheap on e-Bay. Looks close enough for me. I had to cram it in around the ammo counters but you won't notice it once the fuselage goes together. :)

IMG_3480.jpg

The used and abused look.

IMG_3492.jpg

Wow. That panel looks great. Those belts look really nice too. Whose are they? Did you paint them? I have the decals to do "brown 18" also and will be watching your build. That one and "blue 12" are on my list of coming projects.

Great job so far.

Matt

Thanks guys! I really hope I can pull off the paint job.

Here is what I did for the belts.

1. I used a standard Eduard PE belt set in the light color.

2. I lightly sprayed the belts in khaki green. A light spray so that the stitching shows and gives a faded look.

3. I used the Tamiya Weather Master set B and went around the edges of the belt with soot and also rusty brown. It just gives a soiled look to it. Thats all that was necessary and it's very easy. You will find the Tamiya weathering system to be a very handy tool. I use it on my radio control models as the finish needs to be routinely touched up.

belts.jpg

Small update.

Here are some 20's I scratched for the Dora. I'm working on the engine plug now.

20mm-1.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

Got a little bit done today. I'm being hampered by supplies a the moment. Seems like every time I order something it's backorderd. I hope to get more done tonight and tomorrow.

The greased engine.

IMG_3562.jpg

I mocked it up to show what will be seen from underneath. Might add some more hydraulic lines before I start on the wings.

IMG_3569.jpg

I need to clean up a bit of flash on one of the hoses. Did not notice that bit until I snapped the photo.

IMG_3570.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm still here! <_< I just started up again after moving. I wanted to spray some paint today but it's too cold in my work room. More to come.

Here I added a new access panel and latches out of drink can aluminum. Scribing is not my strong point so this is my solution. I'm repainting the weel bays as I was not happy with the hydraulic lines.

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

Moskit metal exhausts an Eagle radiator cowling test fitted.

IMG_3669.jpg

Eagle E. tail wheel installed. I'm going to try and make the wheel caster by installing a metal pin in the base.

IMG_3643.jpg

That Eagle cowl looks really good. Hmmmm. Might have to order that and the tail wheel. The latches and panel look great. Not being a competent scriber myself, I have used bare metal foil. Your technique looks a little more convincing.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've been so busy at work I've not had much time for the old girl. Here is what I have done so far though.

I've got all the body work and scribing done. I added the metal tube that the spinner slides onto and also made a gun camera out of the same tubing. A bit hard to see in that photo. The prop and spinner are not together yet I just mocked it up to see how it will eventually look. I hope to put in some solid work on her this weekend.

IMG_3757.jpg

I made the tiny cowl flap actuators from scrap PE.

IMG_3789.jpg

I fixed the hood around the instrument panel and have modified the gun sight to drop in once painted. I'm still up in the air on which machine this will end up being. It won't be Brown 18 as I first thought though. She now carries an etc rack and will have a drop tank in place.

IMG_3794.jpg

One more. All seams appear clear as I use Zap CA as a filler. I hate putty!

IMG_3790.jpg