FW 190 F8 Airfix 1/24

vvwse4

Well, it is time to start something new. Thanks to Larry I got this one.

Fw190F8001.jpg

I want to do some more with the model and want to make open hatches, lower the flaps and add a lot af detail. That is very ambitious but I want to give it a try. So far I have been doïng some work on the cockpit area.

Fw190F8012.jpg

Fw190F8013.jpg

Fw190F8014.jpg

About the hatches in the fuselage, what is the best way of cutting them out, is it easier to drill a lot of holes and make a new hatch or should one just cut on the lines. I could use some tips on this one.

It will be a long job, that is for sure.

Rick.

HI Great start. As far as the hatches it depends on the size and shape. If there fairly large and square or rectangle then you can use a number 11 blade backwards to scribe them out and reuse them. If they are small or a rounded shape you may have to drill many holes, cut them out and make a new one.

Just my two cents.

Texas :( :lol: ;)

and sand them down on the inside heavily first----two reasons, it makes em easier to cut out and it thins everything down to near scale thickness.----sorry if it was obvious mate.

cheers, dave.

and sand them down on the inside heavily first----two reasons, it makes em easier to cut out and it thins everything down to near scale thickness.----sorry if it was obvious mate.

cheers, dave.

Dave,

Never thought of that. I will give it a go.

Thanx

Rick.

Been doing some work on the side console

fw190001.jpg

And I have made the wiring for the forward machine guns and did the deeper instrument panel

fw190002.jpg

fw190003.jpg

I have a question also. I am trying to make seat belt out of aluminium, after I saw what one can do with a sixpack here on LSP. I have not been able to make buckels that looked good. Does anyone ever gave that a try, please let me know how you did it.

Thanks for looking,

Rick.

Wire staples are a good material to make buckles from. Drive a straight pin into a wood block and shape the staple around it, using needle nose and chain nose pliers, to get tight corners.

For a pattern, take a look at the belts sold by Radu on his website. After seeing those fantastic belts, you just might want to buy his instead of making your own. ;)

Wire staples are a good material to make buckles from. Drive a straight pin into a wood block and shape the staple around it, using needle nose and chain nose pliers, to get tight corners.

For a pattern, take a look at the belts sold by Radu on his website. After seeing those fantastic belts, you just might want to buy his instead of making your own. ;)

In saw those seatbelts and they are great but the wrong scale, 1/32 instead of the 1/24 I need.

Rick.

In saw those seatbelts and they are great but the wrong scale, 1/32 instead of the 1/24 I need.

Rick.

Sorry, Rick. I musta had a brain fart when I wrote what I did. The bit about the staple wire still holds though. It's what I used when making belts for a 1/18th scale 'pit and I thought it came out looking pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Slow but steady progress. The best part of this build is when I feel like breaking things I can do this:

Fw190F818.jpg

On the other hand I can also make things:

FW190F815.jpg

Fw190F816.jpg

Fw190F817.jpg

I still haven't got the seat belts right, I might as well do what Larry suggested and pay a visit to the Eduard site.

Rick.