RB MXY-7 Type 22 Ohka

dora9

Looks promising :)

I have the other one (Lonestar) in the stash. A nice model of its own, but of another kind. All resin without PE, and of more ...sturdy casting :coolio:

Regards

- dutik

Looks promising :)

I have the other one (Lonestar) in the stash. A nice model of its own, but of another kind. All resin without PE, and of more ...sturdy casting :coolio:

Regards

- dutik

Thanks, I have the one from OzMod wich is, compare to this one, a little bit crude but can turn out a nice one with some TLC!

Cheers!

Last pics of cockpit before closing the fuselage.

P1090490_zpsmjal8kzf.jpg

Because after that you won't see anything! :crying:

P1090491_zpsx9ddi72o.jpg

So that's it for the day, I'm going to enjoy a nice glass of Loch Lomond for all my effort!

Stay tuned!

Thanks, I have the one from OzMod wich is, compare to this one, a little bit crude but can turn out a nice one with some TLC!

Cheers!

The OzMods kit is in fact the Lone Star kit, which I believe the former now owns. I don't know if any work was done to the kit before its re-release, however.

Kev

The OzMods kit is in fact the Lone Star kit, which I believe the former now owns. I don't know if any work was done to the kit before its re-release, however.

Kev

I didn't know that. But it will be the next one 'cause this little one will need company!

Now for an F-103 Reichenberg in 1/32 would be nice for sharing the same shelf in my display case. Is there a kit or will I have to modify the Bronco kit?

Cheers!

Quite right, it is the former Lone Star kit with a few extra small parts.

I've got one of the last original Lone Star kits from Hannants last year at a sale. The lower cockpit area is not hollowed out, but solid resin. A nice task for a Dremel. Overall fit is ok, if you add some strip styrene here and there between the fuselage halves and take your time dryfit wings and the rocket boosters inside the tail end. Guess the larger part of the work is to clean your workbench from all that resin dust... :wicked:

Regards

- dutik

In my search for the F-103, I found out that Bronco was doing it, single seater and twin! Now I realy have to get one! Or two?

Edited by dora9

I picked up the HPH Fi-103 and Ohka box a few months back so they should make an interesting 3 model display.

So I followed your advice and bought the HPH duo!

Edited by dora9

Little update before primer. Added all the mass balances and PE details around the model. A bit of clean up to do and it should be ready for primer! :yahoo:

P1090497_zpsg12flva5.jpg

P1090498_zpskkghjetw.jpg

P1090503_zpskvayoymq.jpg

It was quite a job doing the mass balance specially those for the rudders! I don't know if you can notice the rod ends at the end of the control rods? Even the one for the elevator.

So next update, if all goes well, there should be colour on it!

Stay tuned!

Edited by dora9

So a little bit of color.

500f8226-9056-4c80-8276-f10c8c93e51d_zps

Next gloss coat on top, decals and a bit of weathering like panel wash, not too much and then a satin coat to top it off.

Think I'll get a nice round base and paint something on it, like a rising sun, as to have a nice display for it.

Stay tuned!