TRUMP Corsair with wingfold

Chris/Germany

snapshot of the underside to show how and where the wingfold-motor is mounted and how the pushrod goes through the wheel-bay to the outer wing ( thats why the wheel-bay won´t be detailed too much). The panel at the belly above the motor will be removable for service

post-4-1128330518.jpg

metal works part 1: motor mount, made from brass-tubings.

the area between the firewall and rib 1 is where the main fuel-tank sits at the original. I have inserted a small piece of plastic right above the wingfold-motor as a board for the small electric platine which feeds the position lights. A part of the fuel-tank will be visible through the cutaway opening so a cover between firewall and rib 1 will be mounted to make a "fuel-tank-dummy"

post-4-1128330642.jpg

Hy Ole....you must be new to LSP ;) ....other wise you would know my "cutaways" ;)

to be serious: Yes, it will be covered but much of the details will be visible through the "cutaway-openings":

starboard-fuselage after and foreward the cockpit and starboard wing.

cheers and enjoy

Chris "the ripper"

Yeah Chris... I'm new all right... the number of posts, date I joined and rank of "newbie" gave it away, huh? ;)

Still an awesome job you have done.... pure inspiration.

Ok, wiring of the after fuselage is done, also position lights ( tail and upper fuselage) are installed and connected. THe "normal wiring" for the rudders is simple steel-wire, the connection for the lights is special electronic wire I got from a comrade who´s working in computer-electronic-biz, it´s a extreme thin wire isolated by a cover of laquer, that´s why it´s red, as you can see. They will be painted also in silver to look like a "rudder-wire-dummy".

technical facts: the lights are no LED´s, they are real "glimm-lamps" with 0,5 mm diameter ( model-train stuff).

post-4-1128725105.jpg

here´s the office: as mentioned before a small platine is mounted in the space between firewall and rib 1 where the main fuel-tank sits originally, therefore a small plastic sheet was mounted right above the wingfold-motor....fits like a glove ;)

The connection will be done through the whell wells and through the wheels to the base where the whole batterys and switches are mounted.

Technical facts: the platine is a complete set ( ready for use) available from a german electronic store, costs 8 EURO and includes battery-holder, power switch, platine and connection for 5 LED´s ( enough for wing and fuselage position lights). I connect only the lights which are really needed and replace the factory mounted LED´s by the glimm lamps, the whole thing works with 2 x 1,5 V

post-4-1128725618.jpg

next step: "Fuel-tank-dummy" is installed , also the P&W is installed ( after mounting the oil-tank before ), electrical connection for the motor will also go through the right Wheel-bay/ landing gear.

fuselage ready to be closed.

enjoy

Chris "the ripper"

post-4-1128851981.jpg