Protar 1/9 Honda RC-166

danimalmagic

Well this is the last job or the year, a nice little project too considering its quite an old kit, in some ways it is better that the smaller Tamiya kit. Project took 10 days to complete, the only real struggle were the decals as they took a lot of Microsol/set to get anywhere near right. 

The tyres have a few moulding flaws but i do need to remove a bit of flash though. 
100_6179.jpg
100_6164.jpg
100_6162.jpg
100_6170.jpg
100_6177.jpg
100_6173.jpg
100_6169.jpg
100_6167_1.jpg
100_6176.jpg
100_6175.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Danny 
Edited by danimalmagic

Always loved those old Protar kits, you could buy them through Cycle World back in the day....When I was but a wee lad of 11 I got to play pit gopher for some family friends who raced these little Honda GP bikes all over the western US.

I think I still have a busted up BMW with the sidehack in a box upstairs, and I have been eyeing the re-issued Norton Manx at the LHS. No time to build  so I will let it go to some other worthy gent.

Beautiful job there!Brings back happy memories.

One of my favourite racing bikes, what a glorious sound they made, I remember building that kit years ago, it looks just as fine now as it did then, nice work

Cheers

Dennis

Always loved those old Protar kits, you could buy them through Cycle World back in the day....When I was but a wee lad of 11 I got to play pit gopher for some family friends who raced these little Honda GP bikes all over the western US.

I think I still have a busted up BMW with the sidehack in a box upstairs, and I have been eyeing the re-issued Norton Manx at the LHS. No time to build  so I will let it go to some other worthy gent.

Beautiful job there!Brings back happy memories.

EXQUISITE Danny.

:wub: :wow: :bow:

Beautiful!

Gorgeous Danny!  I just bought my first motorcycle kit - the reissued AMT 1/8 scale Honda Trail 70 - reliving my youth :)

Thanks guys, an enjoyable project and a nice way to finish the year.

• 4 weeks later...

Well this is the last job or the year, a nice little project too considering its quite an old kit, in some ways it is better that the smaller Tamiya kit. Project took 10 days to complete, the only real struggle were the decals as they took a lot of Microsol/set to get anywhere near right. 

The tyres have a few moulding flaws but i do need to remove a bit of flash though. 
100_6179.jpg
100_6164.jpg
100_6162.jpg
100_6170.jpg
100_6177.jpg
100_6173.jpg
100_6169.jpg
100_6167_1.jpg
100_6176.jpg
100_6175.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Danny 

A lovely bike you have built there, Danny!

Great!