Luscombe Phantom

For anyone who is interested in the Luscombe Phantom, I'm really excited to announce that we just added a set of original engineering drawings for this aircraft to the AirCorps Library website! The set includes 461 original Luscombe drawings, each of which is searchable by its part/drawing number. In the coming months we'll also be working to add descriptions to each drawing so that searching for what you need is a bit easier.

The Phantom was Luscombe's first aircraft and only a handful were built. Currently there are several of these very rare birds under restoration, including one by Kevin Eldridge (who provided us with the drawings and is mentioned in the attached video from 2021 where the only 2 airworthy Phantom's were in attendance!). In my humble opinion there is not much cooler than the Phantom cowling, and I hope some of you can use these drawings on current or future builds!

Note - you do have to be a member of the AirCorps Library website to access these drawings (and the other half a million engineering drawings we have), but it's only $9 bucks a month or $75 for the year to start a subscription.

I love AirCorps Library, most time I could find what I was looking for (except the rare as hen's teeth Republic document on painting P-47's - The Smithsonian doesn't appear to have a copy either).  Unfortunately for me, the subscription price outstripped my ability to continue to subscribe so I have to be content with what's currently in my library and on my computer.