F-16A Block 1 Decals?

48 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Microscale must have done some back in the day for early Hill and Nellis aircraft, so trawling ebay etc might turn up something.

Tony 

Alas, as far as I know the only 1/32 full sets of stencils released by Microscale/Superscale were a low-viz one: set 32047 and a F-16N one: set 32134. Moreover, close to all A model markings sets they released focused on their late use (e.g. ANG units). Possibly in an old Hasegawa or Revell kit...?

I have vague memories of Microscale markings for a 388th TFW Block 1 F-16A from Hill AFB, Utah.

It would have had a black radome circa 1978-79, quickly superseded by the less conspicuous grey coating. 

But maybe the scale was 1:48. 

If it were me I'd search for black codes, serials from generic 1980s F-16C sheets, coloured 388th TFW & TAC insignia from wherever.

Tony 

2 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

Thank you all! I could only find a Microscale sheet for 1/72. I found, however, stencils for early F-16:

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/decals/syhart/decal_syhart_32905.shtml

Tony, I agree that using other sheets from 1980s F-16 is probably the easiest way. I’ll check what is available.

Thanks!

Roger

Remember also that F-16 insignia were smaller, like PACAF stuff, so 1:48 F-4 TAC and 388th TFW insignia would be anout right on a 1:32 F-16A, which opens up your search.

Tony

21 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Daco also has some 1/32 Belgian air force stencils. I just checked and it looks they are still available.

Thanks Thierry. I checked the Davo website but it says the decals are sold out unfortunately. Maybe I can find them at ebay with some patience.

18 hours ago, Tony T said:

Remember also that F-16 insignia were smaller, like PACAF stuff, so 1:48 F-4 TAC and 388th TFW insignia would be anout right on a 1:32 F-16A, which opens up your search.

Tony

Thank you. That’s a good idea!

I found these: would they be right for a Block 1 F-16A as well? 

https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/Lockheed-Martin-F-16-Viper-Stencils-Data.html

Thanks, Roger

1 hour ago, VintageEagle said:

Thanks Thierry. I checked the Davo website but it says the decals are sold out unfortunately. Maybe I can find them at ebay with some patience.

Thank you. That’s a good idea!

I found these: would they be right for a Block 1 F-16A as well? 

https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/Lockheed-Martin-F-16-Viper-Stencils-Data.html

Thanks, Roger

I think these are stencils for Greek Vipers. I may be wrong but I think they were grey.

49 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

There were various Daco 1/32 Viper sets with stencils. For instance, look for ASD3222.

HTH

Thierry 

Thank you. OK, that would be an option. I contacted Daco in the meantime and they replied that an extended version of the stencils decal sheet is almost ready for printing and should become available soon. So, I’ll wait for the new set then. 

Thanks,

Roger