1/24 Fw190D-11/13 test shot

stevegallacci

A little update on the progress of things. The 1/32 D-11/13 might only be a pre-production casting for the contest, as a full production casting will need a much more clever mold than I can likely get together in time for the event. This means the exhaust area will need some work to open up. Otherwise, it will be ready to go.

I'll also be doing a 1.1 version of the 1/24 D-11/13 main mold, as the test shot showed some little fine tuning is still needed.

The ERLA '109G-10 is on version 4.6 now and I'm considering doing a 5.0, to give you an idea how these things can evolve as both the casting process and finish and detail issues get fine-tuned out.

Steve,

Superblative master pattern making and resin casting there my friend. Nice to see you are branching out...I am doing something similar myself. Good luck with your conversions.

Best regards

Derek

Looking through some of the websites I used as references I came across this photo, interestingly enough…from a kit review on this website. It show the gear door that Trumpeter used for the molds.

And as long as the effort is being made to make nice Am upgrades… can someone please make a nice tail wheel. While mine is convincing… I’ll buy the right one when it is available.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/Ki...0d/fw190d9.html

Yes, yes there is, the Rutman set. I assume the build up is that? I initially wasn't really going to do a marketed conversion, because the Rutman set was available. However, some of the features of my project are more accurate, and as it would be only the forward fuselage, would also be much less expensive. And there was strong interest, even knowing that the Rutman set was available.

(hey, i can edit and add)

Nice looking build. The earlier comment was related to 1/24 Trumpeter AM bits. I think Contact (?) has replacement main and tail wheels for the kit.

Never be afraid to take a second look at refernces and the work in progress. I'm having to redo the propellors on the 1/24 'D-9 and 'D-11/13 sets. the hub diameter was too big on both and the inner most part of the leading and trailing edges of the VS-111 on the D-9 needed just a bit more work. poop. All the blades already cast are now junk. Unless one is willing to grind down the hubs and such....

Details, details, details.

I'm not going to correct the Airfix 'D-9's props(ironically, they were made from intermediate developement blades and are actually less "off" than the heretofore final versions), but the demo Trumpeter 'D-11 will have corrected blades.

And a PS to the above post about the Rutman(?) build, looking very good!!!

I prefer not to use Contact resine kits...i had some problems with their kits (and i'm not the only one)

For the D-13 i used the fabflight conversion set (lot of work due to the holes in the resin but very good fitting)

Hey steve i hate you :angry: I didn't want initially make a dora in 1/24 but when i see your conversion...resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist,

i won't resist :rolleyes:

maybe you will reconsider with all the fussy bits needed to get the rest of the model up to standard.

None of them are terribly difficult, there are just a lot of them.

Well, except for completely replacing the wheelwells and engine compartment....

The correction/conversion set will include instructions on all the fussy bit fixes, and some suggestions on how to approach the other problems.