Pat Sparks BOMARC Build

LSP_Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

Very nice job on the Bomarc and launcher. I also designed and 3D printed an IM-99 Bomarc A in 1/18th scale. It came out real nice but it needs a launcher. By any chance are the files for your launcher available and if so could they be FDM printed at 1/18th scale?

Thank you,

Gene

9 minutes ago, ggatti said:

Hi Kevin,

Very nice job on the Bomarc and launcher. I also designed and 3D printed an IM-99 Bomarc A in 1/18th scale. It came out real nice but it needs a launcher. By any chance are the files for your launcher available and if so could they be FDM printed at 1/18th scale?

Thank you,

Gene

Hi Gene,

The 3D source files are not my own, so you'd have to ask @patricksparks those questions. An FDM print in a larger scale would certainly be stronger, but I'm not familiar enough with the capabilities of the process to know if it would handle all the details. You could always print the basic shapes and add the details with styrene or other materials I guess.

Kev

10 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Hi Gene,

The 3D source files are not my own, so you'd have to ask @patricksparks those questions. An FDM print in a larger scale would certainly be stronger, but I'm not familiar enough with the capabilities of the process to know if it would handle all the details. You could always print the basic shapes and add the details with styrene or other materials I guess.

Kev

Ok thank you!

Gene