Corsair reunion

For all you Corsair freaks, I just read that the Experimental Aircraft Association is planning a Corsair reunion at the 2023 Airventure hoe down.  They’ve sent out invitations to all F4U owners for planning purposes.  The thing about Oshkosh/Airventure is that you can usually get up close and personal with pretty much everything there, allowing you to ask questions, see things on the real airplane, and shoot pix til you pass out.  This year’s show will be the last week in July.  Highly recommended and well worth whatever you have to do to get there.

That's great news about the Corsair gathering! It will make my partner happy, the Corsair is her favourite aircraft...I forgive her. 

I completely agree with your endorsement of AirVenture! We usually go for the week, and camping on the site is the best way to live the experience. One bonus is a 7:00 am wake-up call by four Mustangs doing a formation flypast over the campground. I am always amazed at how efficiently organized everything is, starting right from the entry gates. Apart from the incredible variety of aircraft you will see perform, the Warbird park is filed to the edges. From classics from the 1930s to the F-35, there is something for everyone. The numbers involved, both aircraft and people is just staggering. There really is nothing like it. You will meet like-minded enthusiasts and find new friends. Our first time there we shared a campsite (it was a rainy day and we had high ground :) ) with a gentleman, who is now a friend, from the UK who flies two-seat Spitfires providing experience rides. We've shared campsites with him and his partner since.

It's one of those experiences, like Flying Legends or a Duxford show, that an aviation enthusiast should experience at least once if they can. It's a 13 hour drive from where I live in Canada, and I'm excited to do it again. 

Richard 

Edited by R Palimaka