493rd FS at RAF Lakenheath

All the F-15C’s are gone now. Returned to the USA to be assigned to ANG Units I believe. 493rd Squadron is currently inactive. The F-35A Squadron is the 495th. 493 will stand up again later this year with the F-35A from what I’ve read. Have seen a number of the 495th’s F-35’s in the Mach Loop on my trips home to the parents house. Get to watch them all from the back garden.

Thanks Ade. 

I'd seen the 495th had arrived with the F-35 but hadn't realised the 493rd were stood down. 

The reason I asked stems from the new heritage scheme on the 494th's F-15E. There's a marking on that airframe that shows red, blue, green and yellow jets forming a fan shape. The red and blue jets are F-15s but both green and yellow are F-35s. I know the 435th use green but thought the 493rd still used the F-15. Now I know better. Really appreciate the information, thanks. 

I'm a bit sad to see that they're gone. It's the end of one era but the beginning of a new one I suppose. 

Does the Lightning II cover the roles of both F-15C and F-15E?

For all of it's electronic and battlefield situational awareness capabilities I can't imagine the F-35 being a dogfighter....:coolio:

• LSP_K2 changed the title to 493rd FS at RAF Lakenheath