F-4 Cockpit Pics

John1

Looking for pictures that show the area behind the WSO's instrument panel (ideally on a C model but really, any variant would still be helpful).    Also, any shots that show the aft bulkhead areas of both pilot and WSO's cockpits.    I swear I recently saw some really nice shots but I am unable to locate them.    These areas don't seem to be photographed very often, any pictures would be gratefully appreciated. 

Hi,

There are a few pictures on Quinta Studios Facebook, just scroll down to February 4.

Also in Reid Air Publishing The F-4 Phantom Exposed on page 69 there some great pictures with the ejection seat removed

of a F-4C rear panel from behind. Would not mind to supply these photos but not sure if I can from the source. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Vandy55 said:

Hi,

There are a few pictures on Quinta Studios Facebook, just scroll down to February 4.

Also in Reid Air Publishing The F-4 Phantom Exposed on page 69 there some great pictures with the ejection seat removed

of a F-4C rear panel from behind. Would not mind to supply these photos but not sure if I can from the source. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Very helpful!  It was the pics on the Quinta FB page I was thinking of.   They show this area in great detail.  

Edited by John1

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Hi John,

Here are some pics of the aft bulkheads of the front and aft cockpits I modeled.

E6HKya6.jpg

rvSrbRu.jpg

FCMr9xX.jpg

Barry

Wow, very nice.   What Phantom version were you building?  

Hi John,

The first two pics show the structure, Seat Rails, Canopy operating mechanism and LOX Warmer (aft cockpit behind seat rails) common to all versions of the Phantom at least starting with the F-4B thru the F-4G.

The last pic show the Equipment installed on the left and right side of the aft cockpit of USAF Phantoms. The items on the right starting from the front are the FDBC Flight Director Bombing Computer and the Inertial Variegation Platform (bottom) and the Output Signal Distribution Unit (OSDU).

On the left is the Displacement Gyro (DG) for the the AJB-7 Bombing Reference System.

Barry