Revell 1/32 Hawker Tempest Mk V (New Tool)

George

This kit is being shipped to me but I have a question about how the propeller is attached to the fuselage.  On page 28 of the kit instructions, there is an illustration showing the assembly of the propeller blades and nose attachment but what is not clear is whether there is a pin that attaches the plate to the fuselage.  The instruction # is 03851-0379.  Can anyone please help? Thanks, George

4 hours ago, George said:

This kit is being shipped to me but I have a question about how the propeller is attached to the fuselage.  On page 28 of the kit instructions, there is an illustration showing the assembly of the propeller blades and nose attachment but what is not clear is whether there is a pin that attaches the plate to the fuselage.  The instruction # is 03851-0379.  Can anyone please help? Thanks, George

Here is that part of the instructions

fdnO3e.jpg

you can just see the hole in the front of the airframe, sorry its not a great scan.  

There´s a very short stub at the backplate.

I usually replace it with a longer axle by cutting it off and drilling a hole, then fabricate a longer axle  with plastic tubing.

Merry Christmas!

Stefan :D

Edited by Phantom2

6 hours ago, George said:

Merry Christmas and copy all.  Thanks.  So, there's a short stub on the back of the plate supporting the propeller and nose.  Interesting!  This seems flimsy.

It just needs to locate, you have a pretty massive gluing surface on the propellor backplate