1/32 Ki-61 - I

Radub

Thanks ironwing.

Mr Surfacer is a liquid filler/primer made by Gunze Sangyo. It can be used like any paint, i. e. it can be brushed or sprayed. I use it to fill in fine cracks and any other imperfections in plastic. After I spray it on, i sand it with fine sandpaper - that leaves a perfectly smooth finish.

HTH

Radu

wonderful stuff that mr surfacer. l used it on many occasions. Looking good there dude. l dont know if l would buy the resin set as l like scratchbuilding and the chanelleges it presents. But l am impressed right down to my socks

hacker :) B)

I am just away on holidays, that is why there have been no updates. I am in Barcelona and I found a good bookshop where I got the Model Art Special book and the 244th Sentai books that ninjrk was talking about. The 244th boook is amazing, worth every penny.

I´ll be back in a few days with some updates.

Radu

Ive never seen Mr. Surfacer here in the states. Anyone know where I can get some. Ild like to try it

Geoff,

Mr. Surfacer is readily available in the U.S. -- e.g., through Squadron Mail Order, who list it in their on-line catalog at http://www.squadron.com/SearchResults.asp?...facer&Submit=Go

By the way: Were you ever able to open the Mustang cockpit-floor photo that I sent you?

Charles Metz

Radu, I've been looking through this work, and not for the first time, I will go and have a quiet little sob in the corner :) ........... then chew my fingers off. I could be at this for a lifetime and not get half the effect of your work, but I will keep trying....in my own little way. :)

Brilliant work

They are definitely nice subjects. They are also "short-nosed" Tonys . Do they tell in the isntructions how to convert the Revell kit into a short nosed one?

The canopy masks are not useable with my conversion - my replacement canopy is different from that provided in the kit. The MDC set will include its own canopy masks to fit the new canopy.

Radu

The canopy masks are not useable with my conversion - my replacement canopy is different from that provided in the kit. The MDC set will include its own canopy masks to fit the new canopy.

Radu

You may not be able to use the canopy masks but the rest you definately can use for your plane. look forward to see what you pick

hacker :) B)

The work on the wings is going on quite well.

As mentioned before, the span is 10 mm too narrow and I decided to fix it.

These are the lower parts of the wings. I had to insert 5mm shims at the wingroots and similar ones just outboard of the wheel well part (I hope it all makes sense now why I cut the wheel well like that :blink: ).

Radu

post-683-1151763452_thumb.jpg

The other side.

The upper parts are a completely different story though. the amount of surgery was a bit more complex. I am still working on it. I will have some photos of that soon.

Radu

post-683-1151763591_thumb.jpg