F6F Hellcat first flight - available markings in 32nd?

mkd1966

Steve Hinton at the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, CA just did the first flight on Fagen Fighters F6F Hellcat on Sunday 1/3 after about a 2 1/2 year restoration at his shop Fighter Rebuilders... I've never seen these markings before but they're very cool... Does anyone know if this scheme has been done in aftermarket decals ?

Thanks, Mike

Fagen Fighters' Hellcat Flies

Fagen Fighters' Hellcat Flies

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice! Although I quite like the tri-color much better than the all DSB, but hey ho..........

I assume this was Steve Hinton not Steve Hinton Jr.? 

Correct Sir... Steve Sr. - and I too liked the old scheme as well... Seems like almost all the flyable Hellcats are in DSB... 

1 hour ago, mkd1966 said:

Don't quite understand why this topic was moved to Aviation Discussion ? I'm asking if these markings exist in 1/32 scale decals - so why wouldn't that be a LSP Discussion ?

I would think that would be appropriate in LSP discussion. I think maybe the title threw one of the mods off.

Since it is about an LSP scheme, I'll move it back. 

Hope you dont mind, I changed the title a bit to reflect the want of decals 

• Out2gtcha changed the title to F6F Hellcat first flight - available markings in 32nd?

Sorry I moved it, thought it was just about the 1/1 plane, didn't read the decal part, was doing a couple of other things at the same time. 

Regards the decals, Aerocraft produce a set in 1/24, review, they also make some other Hellcat items; brass undercarriage, resin wheels. Not aware of anyone doing them in 1/32.