Last Years F4U Kit

DMurph

Thanks Everyone,

Chris I believe you can build the wings on the Trumpeter kit so they work I always chose one way or the other before I start. Less working parts = no broke parts I always say.

klaus I am really going to try to top this one with the current build as you know the builder always sees the defects of the model and I always try to prefect the next build. I am going to use the early paint job on the new one prior to the three tone paint I like the look of the two tone paint and I believe I can justify it as combat zone aircraft in transition to new camo.

Thanks Murph...

Hello Murph

really cool Corsair ... and nicely build

The weathering is spot on, even if a bit on the light side (this, in regard of what I'm doing usually). I especially like the lightened hue on the intermediate blue parts ...

Hope your coming Corsair will be even better ...

:lol:

One of the pleasure of that hobby is when you see improvement from one model to another ...

Cheers

Stef (#6)

Yes Brian,

That is my baby, featured on both Hyperscale and ARC I would have featuerd it here also but I didn't learn of this wonderful site until later. the pictures really don't do it justice, I used the BlackBox cockpit kit.

To Chris and all others that build this kit some things to watch for the engine although detailed is inaccurate the space between the cylinder banks is too excessive allowing the engine to protrude to far out of the cowling, I shaved mine down but on the new one I build I will use an after market one from engines and things.

Also on the kit and I hate it is the use of PE hinges on the main flaps horrible detail look, mine will be made from evergreen

And last is the molding of the cowling flaps that have a gap the size of the Grand Canons.

Hope this helps

Murph...