2nd Do 335B-2 Closed version

Miloslav1956

9 minutes ago, mbrman said:

Wasn't the putty, as on the wingtips on your model, meant to cover the rivets for a more streamlined finish?  Your simulated putty appears to serve no purpose...just an observation...

Photos of the actual V13 show that the rivet lines on the NMF wingtips were covered with putty or paint, so it’s correct.

Right, but i can still see every rivet through the simulated putty... it's not covering anything...a puttied rivet should be invisible.  Otherwise, what's the point?

Edited by mbrman

You're grasping at straws.  Fact is, the putty is portrayed incorrectly.  I understand that nobody wants to criticize this particular modeler, but wrong stuff is wrong.  Period.  Putty was applied to smooth the finish of an aircraft...not roughen it up.  Even if the putty had not yet been sanded, the rivets would be covered.  Just stop!

Dave

I recommend looking in professional books, where there are enough photos. This is not a seal, but only a primer paint.The rivets did not always have surface protection. As an aircraft locksmith, I often used these old German rivets. There are still a lot of them left in our country, like other materials and tools.