1 24th P47 from Vintage Fighter series

keith in the uk

Jon Formon did a great build on that superbolt, didn't he? You know, what really grabbed me is the job he did on the wheel wells and landing gear. They're as real as it gets.

Zemke's superbolt isn't necessarily the most colorful build that there is, but he was a great leader and a great pilot. I wish his markings were out there.

Are there any 1/32 of Bob Johnson's Lucky? Another one I'd like to do in a big scale.

Are you talking about "Origonis Britania?"...this bird?

Geez!! That is supposed to be "Oregon's Brittania!" The plane was "bought" by contributions from Oregonians. It was one of the last recognized group-funded aircraft.

BTW, the nose markings "Happy Warrior" were added after Zemke handed the plane down to another pilot that I do not remember the name of. As far as I know, Zemke never added any noseart to his aircraft.

Ray,

Zempke's first C model did have some art on it. "My Friend" in Russian along the fuselage, and a wheel graphic on the cowling. Not sure if he ever used any other "art" on subsequent bolts but that first C was well covered.

Zempke's first C model did have some art on it. "My Friend" in Russian along the fuselage, and a wheel graphic on the cowling. Not sure if he ever used any other "art" on subsequent bolts but that first C was well covered.

I didn't know about one!

I was more worried about the slaughtering you did in spelling "Oregon," God's country. :)