us captured bf 106g6,ventura decals

tommog

The last profiles of the 109 with the US flag on the side are a different story. This is definitely not a captured plane.

The story is very long. This airplane was a "diplomatic" plane flown by the Romanian ace Bazu Cantacuzino from Romania to Foggia in Italy. He was transporting with him a captured US pilot, James E.Gunn - the radio was removed and the US airman was placed in there. The flags were painted on the sides in order to avoid a hostile reception. The insignia on the wings was intentionally wrong as to draw attention. After they landed, one of the US hotshot flyboy wanted to fly the "hun" and made a fool of himself when he was fooled by the tail swing and crashed the plane on take-off. The plane was written off, he was unharmed but I believe he was left with a very red face and bruised dignity. Bazu returned home in a Mustang.

Only the first profile with the US flag on the side is close to a correct representation - but not entirely accurate. The last one is hilarious.

Is anyone intersted in an accurate decal sheet? I have the artwork ready - I printed one test run on my ALPS. I could send it to a "proper" decal printer if there is interest. I only need to make the colour profiles for an instruction sheet.

Radu

Tom, I think the sheet you have is for a Bf.109G-2. I have one by Ventura and it is a desert camo with US markings. If this sounds like the same one, drop me an email and I can send you a scan of the instructions.

this would be a great camo.

honestly i did some spitfires hurricanes p51 p47 etc. but i think i have to do a 109 now. BUT i am a little scared of brushing the german camos. so a africa camo would be great. i think i can do that :blink:

first i thought about the well known marseille 109 (hase g kit with aires conversion) but i think everyone did that. BORING!

so i just found these ventura decals which could offer a interesting alternative. so if these ventura fit to the desert camo this would be a possibility. and it is a g model you said? that´s what i stock.

as i said i am starting this first 109 soon. (i think after the roden dr.I with that fancy lothar von richthofen camo. my first ww1. i let you know :unsure: )

if you have another idea about a different and special camo for a 109 please let me know. i won´t build dozen of 109 so this one should be kind of special.

thanks

tom