Mosquito Question - NAV's Back Armor

Hi Folks, 

I’m going to be starting the Tamiya 32nd Mossie and saw in a review of the kit from a few years ago that there were a few configurations for the Nav’s back armor, especially the folding upper section.  I’m building HR129, assigned to 333 Sqd around January of 45.  Any idea if the kit’s armor is correct?   For those who haven't seen the kit bits, the back armor has an upper hinged section with a clear armor glass "port hole" behind the Navigator's head.   For that matter, if anyone has detail pictures of this armor, I’d love to see them.  

Regards,

John

Have been looking through the photos on my virtual archive as well as the booklet Profiles in Norway no 6 - De Havilland Mosquito, most photos show only the pilot's head armour/backrest.  The area where I would expect the navigators head armour would be is "see through", leading me to think that it wasn't present or perhaps folded.  Some photos though seem to indicate a takk backrest for the navigator.  All the photos of the aircraft post war I have show no raised head armour for the navigator.  It could have been removed - as indeed were the .303s in the nose before they were put back in later.  Another reason to remove it during the war could have been to improve visibility to spot the "hun in the sun"...?