Opinions on Tamiya Multipurpose Cement (clear)

Mel

Well guys, has anyone tried this glue? I used to use the micro kristal klear, left no vapors or traces but its adhesion was loose and did not convince me, I saw that Tamiya had this glue in the market and I thought it had to be good (in theory it does not leave vapors and does not leave traces) Has anyone had the opportunity to glue transparent parts with this glue? (HUDs, cockpits and other transparent parts)

Thanks in advance

22449_rd.jpg

Edited by Mel

Mel, I do not have that Tamiya glue but it has also caught my eye.

I suspect it is the same stuff as what I am linking here.  I DO have the "Bond GP Clear by Konishi" glue in the link.

I discovered it watching a Youtube video with a Japanese modeler making car models.  He used it to attach all the delicate clear pieces such as windows, windshield, brake lights, headlight covers, and so on.

It is like magic in that it is much, much stronger than PVA glue or other glues meant for clear plastic, but once it is applied and slightly dries, if there is any messy glue showing where you don't want it, you can simply remove it with a toothpick with a little of the glue on it. In other words, the glue sticks to itself and it pulls off like rubber.

If I can find the videos again, I'll post on so you can see how it works.  

https://www.amazon.com/clear-14374-blister-japan-Konishi/dp/B002YMLEMA

6 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Mel, I do not have that Tamiya glue but it has also caught my eye.

I suspect it is the same stuff as what I am linking here.  I DO have the "Bond GP Clear by Konishi" glue in the link.

I discovered it watching a Youtube video with a Japanese modeler making car models.  He used it to attach all the delicate clear pieces such as windows, windshield, brake lights, headlight covers, and so on.

It is like magic in that it is much, much stronger than PVA glue or other glues meant for clear plastic, but once it is applied and slightly dries, if there is any messy glue showing where you don't want it, you can simply remove it with a toothpick with a little of the glue on it. In other words, the glue sticks to itself and it pulls off like rubber.

If I can find the videos again, I'll post on so you can see how it works.  

https://www.amazon.com/clear-14374-blister-japan-Konishi/dp/B002YMLEMA

6 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Found it! 

This guy uses that stuff on all his builds.  When I first discovered it, I thought it was one of my greatest modeling discoveries! 

Watch him remove excess glue from the left front headlight area around the 4:00 minute mark of the video.

Thank you very much everyone for your answers

I will look at this glue that you say, at the moment in amazon it is out of stock, it is sold in Europe and the USA or only in Japan?

14 hours ago, Mel said:

Thank you very much everyone for your answers

I will look at this glue that you say, at the moment in amazon it is out of stock, it is sold in Europe and the USA or only in Japan?

I think it is only sold in Japan.

I bought my tube on Amazon.com through a Japanese seller.  One tube is quite large and will last me for years.

The Tamiya glue you referenced is all over Ebay from Japanese sellers, mostly.  It's one of those Tamiya products that is hard to find in America.

20 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

I think it is only sold in Japan.

I bought my tube on Amazon.com through a Japanese seller.  One tube is quite large and will last me for years.

The Tamiya glue you referenced is all over Ebay from Japanese sellers, mostly.  It's one of those Tamiya products that is hard to find in America.

It is good to know, I already put it in observed in amazon (now it is out of stock) In Europe this Tamiya glue is sold everywhere (but I really do not know if it is good or not, I guess being Tamiya will be good ... I do not know)