Does Tamiya F-15E + F-15CJ = F-15D?

1to1scale

On 7/28/2019 at 7:51 PM, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

i think After Burner does on their 48th sheet 1/32

http://www.hyperscale.com/2012/reviews/decals/afterburner48081reviewrk_1.htm

also you may want to check TWO BOBS

also for JSDF

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/dxm91-3304.htm

I just figured out that the afterburner 1/48 sheet includes bonus 1/32 decals!  

Now, i have to try to find an old decal set that is long out of production...

An update, I just found and bought an old set of Superscale 32-101 Decals that have the 57th decals on that sheet. I will probably have to source a few decals, but I can make it work!  Hopefully they are not so old that they shatter. 

Good news! 

55 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

Hopefully they are not so old that they shatter. 

Ive had good luck using MS liquid decal film over the top of old decals I thought were in danger of breaking apart.

M12.jpg

I have even used a very large, wide, flat brush to brush it on as an experiment, and it seemed to turn out nearly as well as when I used an AB to spray it on. The film seems to dry fairly  imperceptibly too, which is exactly what I was looking for.  

HTH

On 7/29/2019 at 11:03 AM, jmel said:

Try the sheet from Speed Hunter.  It'll get you the crew name blocks, tail flash, black stenciling, and Wing/Squadron badges.  Then use black spares for the WA and serials.

Jake

Yes to what Jake added for markings.  Now on to kit talk!

IN the 1/32 Tamiya f-15 world we have 4 kits to deal with:  

• F-15E original kit - pretty well match the F-15E early on and great base for later models.   Other than the weapons, Sprue trees F, G, and J are the two seat parts trees
  • F-15C original kit is really a single seat E model.   All of the parts are the same except for Sprue trees F, G, and J which are for a single seat mode along with a lower hull w/out CFT's.  This is why when many of us build a C that there is so much that needs to be changed for accuracies sake to make it closer to a true C.    IN the real world the F-15E was an entirely Different airframe than the single seat versions. 
  • F-15E Bunker Buster is a new release of the earlier E kit with newer weapons and additional drop tanks that are closer to the correct shape than the one in the early release.
  • F-15J is  MSIP version of the C kit with a MSIP instrument panel and no ALQ-128 on the left fin balancer location.  Add JASDF decal sheet an you have the differences for the J.

So, if you get the F,G,J sprue out of the E kit along with the lower hull you can build a B/D.   Nothing else is needed.   IF you want to save your E kit I have the Sprues and Hull you need,  just drop me a PM.

I cannot wait to see what the F-15X is when they get made next year.

On and F-16 note,  Looking forward to a Visit to the new LM factory in Greenville, SC that is now making all of the remaining F-16's.  Looks like 3 years is already booked for new jet production.

Who would have thought that these two aircraft would be in production some 40-50 years!