"Hotrod" Harvard from the 1/32 Kitty Hawk Texan kit

DerekB

@KiwiZac, It's not about to fade away, but it is moving slowly on the back-burner. I've been having some online chats with Matt Denning about this plane, and it turns out the modified outer wings retained the same trailing-edge angle as the original Harvard wings, so that will make the project slightly easier...

On 7/10/2021 at 5:59 PM, bdthoresen said:

That’s super cool, D. Here in St. Augustine, there was a gentleman who owned a Boomerang replica, which was a cut and spliced T-6G. The thing looked pretty close to an actual Boomey, and was a real hot-rod. He sold it on a few years back…..

Really looking forward to what you do with this!

Thor    :ph34r:

That replica was built by Sanders in the 80s/90s . They modified the heck out of a T6 to approximate a Boomerang. I love how creative guys were with planes back then. So many awesome modifications, and I'm glad that it's still flying!

5-2.jpg

Commonwealth_CA-13_Boomerang_%E2%80%98A4

It's a little bit longer than the original, amongst other differences, but a super cool machine none the less. The most important difference is the lack of whistle as the aircraft flies. Coolest sounding plane EVER :punk:

Great build of the Hotrod Harvard, Derek! The Zuccolis are good friends, and I'm glad that Guido's passion for these machines is still being recognized and appreciated :D