Wingnut Wings Junkers D.1

Plasto

Hi,

I have never built a WnW kit before , and was feeling enthused to build one after listening to an interview with Richard Alexander on the OTB podcast which I listen to as I commute to work..However I do find myself with 2 in the stash.. A Snipe which was an Xmas present and a SE5a' Hisso' which was in our club bring and buy sale for a reasonable $40.00.

Since both of these feature a reasonable amount of rigging which is a bit off putting from the perspective of you might stuff it up and ruin a nice (and expensive) kit. I thought I'd try my hand at the Junkers D.1 a monoplane with almost no rigging. To get my hand in...

So I have made a start and have been experiencing the things that make WnW 'famous'.

The fit on the cockpit parts has been really good the whole assembly pretty much 'clicks' together and you can dry-fit and then disassemble for paint..

42489188034_48fb0b5f44_z.jpg

Im in the process of doing the base paint on the cockpit parts ATM then the decals then the PE and then button that up before moving onto the engine....

I really like the clever cutouts / slots for the seatbelts to sit in..

Cheers

John...

Guest Clunkmeister

Nice start, John. I have yet to acquire this kit, but it's just a matter of time, I'm sure.

I've heard rave reviews on the D.1 so I certainly need to give it try as well.

Ernie

So glad another DI is in the works, I finished one pretty quickly and am nearly done with my second. My only thoughts from building are that you may find it helpful to thin the tab on the upper wing halves that slot into the fuselage. I ended up cutting my ones off to help minimize the glue seam on the wing LE.