WNW HB W12 '1407' Floating down the river of happiness!

karimb

There's no way your skills can be topped - your WIP posts consistently leave me green with envy

(but I love them :wub: )

Lothar

Lothar!

Thank you for your comments... you're too kind my friend

Karim, you continue to amaze with your skill.  I'm going to have to buy some rust streaking effects - that is a beautiful woodgrain you've achieved with that product. 

Brian thank you for your kind words!

If you want to go ahead and buy the wash i would suggest you buy the track and engine set it contains 5 items bundled up if i remember right the set has engine grime, engine oil, some nice steel buffable pigment along with rust pigments and the track wash i use for the woodgraining!

For sale: all my models and supplies...

I am continuously blown away by the realism you can bring to a model Karim. Most of here build models, you create art.

Karim,

So much to say and soak in!  The rope and dolley and trestles...  Just awesome!  The wheels have a great metal effect, and the rope...well dang-it, it looks like rope!  I love that the trestles don't look factory made!  The colors and construction just say "made on site". 

The aircraft looks more awesome every time I look at it.  The grime and wear look like they belong there.

I'm intrigued by the radiator filler cap extension.  I've been trying to think of a reason for it.

Keep up the motivating work!

Gaz

Hey Gaz!

thanks for dropping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. Surprising how little stuff i buy during my trips (the non fuzzy thread i used for the rope) comes handy eh!

I am still trying to figure out what the curved tube and cap are on the radiator but still haven't been able to work that mystery out yet!

Slow down, Karim...I can't keep up!!!  OK.....I'm taking tomorrow morning off, making extra coffee, and will FINALLY read through this entire log, in detail.....

Michael my friend!

It's always a pleasure to read from you.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word!

I don't think I quite understand Karim .

Could you add a little more detail to your descriptions ?

2c3Ltug.gif

You could write a book on this model alone  :clap2:

Lol!

Thanks for the kind words!!

Karimb,

I've been thinking.  On those German planes, there is a gunsight over each Spandau, but really no gunsight on the Pilot's line of sight.  I'm wondering if that could be why it's there.  Does it comply with the Pilot's line of sight along the axis of the fuselage?  If so, we could be looking at some created-in-the-field aiming point.

Gaz

Edited by Gazzas

Nice progress Karim!

Regarding the hex camo on the ply areas - I have put forward the explanation that these could have been painted, as was early practice, or hex printed linen doped on which would have created a different, darker appearance which explains the look in some period photos on horizontal stabiliser and turtledeck. Wingnuts chose to explain this as two different printed colour ways which is "interesting" but makes no real sense.

Only one directive gave the instructions for painted hex colours (grey blue, grey brown and grey lilac) and no such instructions have ever come to light regarding the printing dye mixes, which we can only assume to have followed the guidelines. My decals, both "linen" and "painted" effect reflect this Idflieg instructions.

To revert you linen look decals in these areas to "painted" I'll happily send you a section of the painted effect decals (i.e. no fabric effect) - or follow the doped on linen theory and merely darken the varnish over the areas to simulate linen doped onto a solid surface. Let me know - aviatticsales@gmail.com

best wishes, Richard

Hey Richard

It's good to hear from you, as always your explanations are eye opening.

Thank you for you kind offer on sending me the painted on look of the decals. What i did as you suggested is to follow the completely doped on linen theory but what i did was have a much darker base color as the decals i am using are transparent and then i added a couple of oil filters which tied everything together. I hope you like the update tomorrow once you see where we are!

Thanks again for stopping by and helping shed light on the hex color and doped linen/painted Idflieg guidelines!

Karim My Friend

An Artist with a magical touch. I am constantly amazed at your abilities and magical touch in bring mere plastic to life. If I was just looking at photographs, with no explanation, I would swear I'm looking at the real McCoy.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter my friend!

It's always a joy to have you check in on my builds!

Thanks for the kind words i am glad you are enjoying following the build!

Tomorrow there's a massive update coming... unfortunately for me, this building has come almost to its closing chapters as i've worked very hard on it since our last update and there's not much left to work on before calling it done!