F-15DJ 1/32

Luca

It's one of the great mysteries why Tamiya only releases 2-3 versions of a kit (not counting the chrome or real sound boxings) when just an extra sprue and/or other minor mold changes would easily get another desired boxing for little more investment.

Why no slatted wing F-4?

Why no two seat F-16?

Why only two A6Ms?

Why no GE engined F-14?

Why no F-15D?

Man, you guys are just thinking of ways to beat up my wallet!!

Don

My theory is that Tamiya quickly move on; the research gets filed away to make room for the sparkly new - and, perhaps, there exists a brand desire for semi permanency issuing exactly the same contents in the same wrapper decade after decade. Like the proverbial Mars bar.

To Dave's list (and my earlier desire for a Recce Rhino) I'd add a Bubble top Griffon Spitty and a Mosquito NF - the possibilities are endless.

IIRC the original boxings of the F-15 were all early-mid 1990s (the Bunker Busting E following later) but for all their shortcomings - the C/CJ being essentially a single seat E without CFTs, instead of the correct earlier airframe & dangling gear - the Tamiya 1/35 tank man wasn't involved making undersize intake piping and jet nozzles, which flawed an otherwise stunning quintet of Phantom II's.

As one other has mentioned, the Revell F-15's are a pretty solid basis for the C and early Ds. Later Ds were E airframes. Dave Whalen (Eaglekeeper) has a definitive list of things to look out for which I believe was incorporated into Thierry's Tweak List.

Tony

Hi Don, just checked the eBay seller, he only has the A sprue... it is not enough to make the conversion (they are missing the F, G, J sprues).

thanks anyway.

Luca, I've found that contacting the seller is very worthwhile. Even if they don't have the sprue you need currently, I've found that a PM to the seller will result in them letting you know if they can get, or when they have it available.

Luca, I've found that contacting the seller is very worthwhile. Even if they don't have the sprue you need currently, I've found that a PM to the seller will result in them letting you know if they can get, or when they have it available.

I've already contacted them Chek, but both have only the A sprue.