Arado196 canopy....and interior

LSP_Mike

They certainly did - but can't see it on their website at present?

Iain

Here you go

http://shop.hphmodels.cz/en/accessories/14-kabina-pro-arado-ar-196-revell-v-meritku-132.html

Quite a hefty price though. But at least it looks like it comes with masking for both sides 

M

Edited by Mebo

Thanks for the links guys, I'm trying to keep up with Deans collection. The canopy is the only issue I've ever read about in relation to the Arado kits.

Well, I am divesting at the moment.

Having said that, today I picked up a Tamiya Mk.XVI Spitfire for £60 delivered from Britmodeller.

Some things are just too good to turn up.

In a related yet separate question, what is the round-ish guage like thingy mounted starboard side near the radio bulkhead? It is molded with a cable-type thing coming out of the bottom. Does that require a guage face or what?

I have the Alley Cat canopy for my 196 and it looks great.

Why are the Arados all of a sudden around $100?

I thought about picking up another one, but as mentioned they are hard to find

Don't know. I have one -196A, and a -196B, which with it's single float configuration is possibly going to the Pacific theater with its large rollers, as opposed to the chop of the North Atlantic.

Still wondering what the doo-dah is stbd side aft. Accessible to the radio/gunner, so a compass? no. Separate oxy control? maybe.

any ideas?

Quite the stumper evidently. Eduard PE essentially shows a plotting table under the upper radio array, so my best guess is that the G.I.B. gets his own compass to assist with navigation.