Future

AngoMango

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding Future Floor Polish, or it's equivalents:

1. can it be used over the top of enamel-based paints?

2. can it be shot thru an airbrush?

3. is there any way to remove it if you stuff up?

4. can you put washes and weathering like pastel chalks over the top if it?

5. will it dull down a metal finish?

Any suggestions or info would be much appreciated!

Cheers lads,

Ango

I use the old pledge one-go bud, which I assume your referring to as well...I use a 50% solution with cooled boiled water (just to remove the pinkish tint) Ill answer what I have tried...

1. Yep no problem I just brushed it over my 109 and it was good :D

2. Will be trying that shortly but have heard of no issues from anyone else

3. I havent come across a situation where I wasnt removing paint as well so the one-go was a non issue in comparison

4. As long as you leave it to dry properly...at least 24 hours for me then I have had washes and pastel chalks over the top...

BTW if you have Bunnings up there they have an adjustable workbench on sale for 30 bucks...very handy!

Ta boys,

Jim, I was kinda hoping someone would come up with that link, as I seem to remember it was an 'answer all' type article. Good work.

Coolie, thanks mate, might have to get out to my nearest Bunnings to have a look at the workbench. Got a great deal on a Dremel (imitation) tool from Bunnings, as well as a $90 compressor for the airbrush. :D Thanks for your tips mate.

Cheers,

Ango.

Oooh luckily I didnt think of a compressor while I was there...would never have fit in the car heehee.

The workbench was worth it...think I will use it in the garage to put the spray booth on plus the other household stuff.

I got my rotary tool there too...great stuff!

We Love BUNNINGS!

1. can it be used over the top of enamel-based paints?

Yes. But, flat enamels tend to soak it in leaving a semi-gloss finish. Over gloss colors, it shines like glass.

2. can it be shot thru an airbrush?

Yes, shoot it straight (don't thin it at all!) and clean the brush with any amonia-based glass cleaner.

3. is there any way to remove it if you stuff up?

Amonia-based glass cleaner or alcohol. Detured or isopropal alcohol works best to strip it off after it has dried.

5. will it dull down a metal finish?

Depends on the metal finish it is going over. I've used it to shine-up Floquil "Old Silver" to a more polished (but not "chrome") look, and over Bare Metal Foil to blend in decals & seal the foil.

HTH,

D

FWIW I've had super luck with Future, and found that thinning it with straight Isoplopyl actually gives me a bit better control as I find unthinned Future a bit "thick."

Ta Chris. I've been trying my hand at dipping the canopy components here with rotten success. Luckily a good soaking in Windex seems to remove it easily and a quick buff with a soft cloth and I'm back to where I started.

I'm also finding it hard to get the effin stuff on without bits on the surface... but I think I may have contaminated my dipping pot and need a fresh mix. The fresh mix and the thinning might be just the ticket! :rolleyes: