Need advice: cockpits

pubkeybreaker

Indeed !

Still more than twice the kit price !

Anyway, nobody could ever release a resin detail set that could match Revell prices, they would always seem overpriced. :)

Indeed!

Aires prices are pretty good I think, just Revell kits are ridiculously cheap.

Trumpeter or Hasegawa would put them in a strong, top-opening box, add a small sheet of PE, maybe a colour insert & rubber wheels (yuck!) and charge 2-3 times the price.

In Europe, considering 20% of the already low purchase price goes in VAT, plus a decent retailers margin, means the kits must be very, very cheap indeed when bought wholesale for retail resale.

Maybe it's just me, but you can find Eduard Brassin sets reasonable here in the U.S. Eduard is in Poland, so, I'm puzzled why it would be more in Europe. I have ordered direct from them and the outfit that makes the gun barrels, pitot tubes, etc, they are also from Poland. I find the shipping to be really reasonable! Better than the U.S.!

True Details, Squadron, puts out some decent resin pits at affordable prices. Wish they would expand more on variety and scale. 

Maybe it's just me, but you can find Eduard Brassin sets reasonable here in the U.S. Eduard is in Poland, so, I'm puzzled why it would be more in Europe. I have ordered direct from them and the outfit that makes the gun barrels, pitot tubes, etc, they are also from Poland. I find the shipping to be really reasonable! Better than the U.S.!

True Details, Squadron, puts out some decent resin pits at affordable prices. Wish they would expand more on variety and scale. 

I've actually found Eduard (and especially Aires) significantly cheaper to source from Europe. Hannants in particular - prices (without VAT) are generally about 20-30% less than from US-based sites like Sprue Brothers. And unless you get into ordering kits, shipping is totally reasonable, too. 

Reminds me I need to check the mailbox today...

FWIW, I buy Eduard sets cheaper from BNA Modelworld, shipped to France from Australia, than directly on Eduard's site, in spite of the fact they are in Europe, and 1 000 kms away from my place :mental:

Hubert

Eduard's site is the single most expensive place on t'internet to buy, um, Eduard products.

Equally strangely, www.specialhobby.eu is great for Eduard, Aires & Quickboost - but nowhere near as good for, um, Special Hobby kits.

All my Eduard stuff - and it's a pretty considerable amount - comes from either Special Hobby or EBay.

And Nordlandmodels.com are an excellent WWI aviation related source. Most of my HGW sets have come from them & they sell 1/32 Roden kits at £24.09. Roden have had some stick over the last 5 years as Wingnut Wings came in and utterly owned the 1/32 WWI aviation market from a standing start, but at around a half to a third of WNW's prices, they represent wonderful value for money. 

Are you sure for Poland? As far as i know Eduard was from Czech Rep. 

And yes, True details stuff is awesome at very cheap prices. (even in Europe, while Avionix stuff is expensive, very surprising considering they both come from Squadron USA).

Edited by Zero77

Are you sure for Poland? As far as i know Eduard was from Czech Rep. 

And yes, True details stuff is awesome at very cheap prices. (even in Europe, while Avionix stuff is expensive, very surprising considering they both come from Squadron USA).

OOPS! You're right!!! I meant Czech Rep! LOL!  :doh:

Does anyone have any experience with the Avionix  cockpits?  How do they compare?

For my last build, which is 99% complete, I built a complete cockpit from scratch including sidewalks and from that point on I decided never to buy a resin cockpit again. Don't get me wrong, Aires are great but I get a kick out if a really good DIY job.

Andrew.