North American BC-1 Trainer (Harvard Mk1) 1/48 Vacform - Sierra Scale

SirBlueHenry

As for favorite all time cars: That's easy. Lotus 49c driven by Jim Clark. Lotus 72E driven by Emmo Fittipaldi, McLaren M6A, and M8B driven by Bruce McLaren or Denny Hulme. I have all these kits. I don't have the skills to build the multi media 1/20 scale 1967 AAR Eagle that won the Spa Grand Pix with Dan Gurney at the wheel.  I'd kill for a Porsche 356 coupe in my garage. I grew up right in between Grummans and Republic. My favorite aircraft are the F4F-3/4, F6F-3/5, P-47D bubble and Razorback. Yet I do love the F4U Corsairs. Current aircraft naturally are the F-14 series and the A-10. Yet I have a real fondness for all Scooters. That's as current as this old timer gets.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Spent time on the formation lights mountings - but still need to get the actual clear parts cleaned up enough to fit in there.

Then a lot of time preparing to glue in one of the horizontal stabs. So I managed to get 1 side in but it need a lot of tweaking to keep it well glued and no gap. Getting it square was another issue but finally it came out beautifully (which you cant tell from the photos of course.

Tonight the other side and more on the formation lights.

Misaligned tailplane and main wings is just awful - so I go out of my way to ensure all is symmetrical. The worst example of this is where older kits have a fin that is slightly skew. Not enough to notice when you glue the fuselage halves together, but when you get your horizontal stabs all nicely glued on, square with the fin, and all is looking great, then finally you get to the mainplane and realise the entire tail structure is now off by a few degrees is enough to make you wanna quit and take a up a hobby like quilting :)

Guest Jessie_C

Aha! You've built the Minicraft 757! Some days the only thing you can do is a tailectomy and subsequent reatachment with all alligned as it should be.

Haha - no actually some other kits - most recently an Occidental Spitfire and something else i cant remember now. I do have a Welsh models 757 but the halves are still separate. No - tailectomies make me feel uncomfortable. What I do is set the model aside, take a sip of coffee. Move slowly away from the model without making direct eye contact. Never make direct eye contact!! and then for the next week pretend that you dont know who's model that is .... 

without the white wiring it looks so much more realistic. I'm confident that it will still be quite visible once the fuselage is closed up, especially if one uses a small pen flashlight. 

Joel

without the white coloring, the wiring it looks so much more realistic. I'm confident that it will still be quite visible once the fuselage is closed up, especially if one uses a small pen flashlight. 

Joel

hes missing leg parts as well. I always found it funny that Airfix and some others would mould crew with missing bits, rather than mould the cockpit to be more correct.

But thanks, yes I quite like the way they have come out (for minimal effort).