Hawker Typhoon Airfix 1/24 Update 2:27- Across the Finish Line!

scvrobeson

Matt

Absolutely gorgeous weathering - simple beautuful

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you so much Peter. I think this one might be my best build ever. Even a step up from the -109 and L-29 I did earlier this year.  Working on tanks seems to have helped me understanding weathering better.

Matt  :frantic:

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Just might be but over the years I;'ve know you, your work just keep reaching new heights and keeps raising the bar.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Matt

Just might be but over the years I;'ve know you, your work just keep reaching new heights and keeps raising the bar.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you very much for that Peter. I try and get better with each of my builds, which I think is the goal of every model builder. Keep building, and keep improving.  That's why I'm glad I got into modeling so young, I have such a long time to hopefully hone this craft and get as good as possible.

Great job! The weathering really tones the markings down and ties everything together nicely!

Thanks Ray. That's why I did the oil filtering. I see the armor guys use it a lot for the same effect, and it really seems to work well.  Gave the paint a few more dimensions, and gave it an overall grimy, dirty look that I want.

Now THAT is how it's done, bravo Matt- she's absolutely STUNNING.

Thanks very much Frank. Been missing your builds around here, hope everything is going well in your life.  This Typhoon has been a lot of fun, and these ground-pounders were usually pretty beaten up by the end of the war.  Makes for a much bigger weathering canvas than I'd usually have.

I've been making model aircraft for longer than I care to remember and I think I would have to be 150 before I reach any where

near this level. Master building at it's best, keep this up and your next one might require a "Hunny I shrunk the Pilot" to test fly it.

Bob

Hi Matt,

Really like what you doing with your Typhoon,  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: not to far tfrom the finish line now.

Regards

Richard

Thanks Rich!  I'm getting very close to the end, just need to finish the weathering, and get the last little bits attached. I've had a lot of fun with this, I hope you enjoy your build.

Edited by scvrobeson

I've been making model aircraft for longer than I care to remember and I think I would have to be 150 before I reach any where

near this level. Master building at it's best, keep this up and your next one might require a "Hunny I shrunk the Pilot" to test fly it.

Bob

Thank you very much Bob, that really means a lot.  I just try and do as well as I can, and learn from the people on here. Working on a couple of tanks recently really helped me learn some new techniques for weathering that I can apply to my aircraft builds.

This one has a pilot to go with it, he's actually been watching the entire build from the top of my work desk. I might have to pop him in just to see how it looks.