The Parachute Regt-Arnhem

JRutman

Thought I'd take my first try at building a guy from the Para Regt on his way from the Oosteerbeek drop zone to the bridge. Frosts Bn specifically.  Asst Piat gunner.

Still have to tighten up the putty on his right arm and add the pigsticker but all elements are assembled. Miniart legs , torso,e-tool and left arm,Hornet head and hands. Tamiya ammo pouches,rifle, canteen and rucksack,Dragon helmet(still needs scrim) and piat bomb container. I think the Dragon Enfield is better but it was too late to use it,having already puttied his trigger arm in.  Lead foil straps,of course,and PE buckles from Alliance Modeling all round.

piat001_zps07e56590.jpg

piat002_zps6c8d3aca.jpg

back002_zps101c7d12.jpg

I am still debating the toggle rope,use of.

J

Edited by JRutman

Thanks!!   There was a specific way the rope was worn. Middle of the rope went around the back of the neck,one end under each armpit,to meet again at the small of the back where the toogle was put through the loop on the other end of the rope,securing it. These ropes could be used to help get down a tree if a bad landing occured or could be linked together to scale obstacles,etc. Very useful.

J