Revell 1/32 Duo Discus

MrPRRose

Hi Pascal, that's a great idea i shall try applying turtle wax :) I really enjoy these forums and all the great ideas and advice that otherwise I'd have no idea about!

In the meantime I've finished the red nose decals - I was unsure how these would work out but with a little bit of Micro Set and Sol they are perfect! I'm pretty amazed by the results this setting solutions give - totally great when those clear edges that I'd usually have to trim just disappear!!

IMG_20140929_160716_zpsthhzsuhf.jpg

Oh thanks guys! Well with the canopy I just wet rubbed it with 2600 grit Micro-Mesh (my favourite abrasives in the world!!) Then worked through the grits up to 12,000 which feels more like a piece of leather in hand.

Then I just gave it a slightly wet polish with Meguiars fine car paint polish - probably not as fine as the Tamiya compound but it did the job!

....so now my problem is the R/H wing, the 'spars' snapped off and I'm not sure what to do to get it attached with any kind of strength. Thinking of drilling and using a carbon rod or maybe some larger plastic sprue as a spar..:(