LSP_K2

1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

I've also recently (very recently) decided to bring some 1:6 stuff to market. It seems there are already a few things, but there could easily be much more, and many of the 1:6 guys seem perfectly willing to part with the bucks, so why not? Perhaps this is my new calling? Doubtful, but we'll see where it goes I guess.

Bravo Kevin!

I have been following along with your build and it looks wonderful.  I think the base is a very good idea and will add much to the overall presentation.  I was wondering what you might produce in 1/6th scale.  any hints?

Dan

That's one thing I could never get into, flying models. I just know that after all that work, I'd fly it right into a bridge or something.

I grew up on quarter scale R/C ships.  (ACTUAL quarter scale; IE 1/4th, no that other dribble that people seem to spout off about)  It happened A LOT actually. There are some really great videos (depending on if you were the one who owned the model) out on YT chronicling the crashes of some HUGE and ultra expensive R/C ships.   One that comes to mind in particular is the crash of a GIANT scale B-52.................it must be 1/6th.......or maybe 1/8th scale.............HUGE.   Cost was 20,000 to 30,000 and took two peeps to fly.      

A few min after takeoff, it was a pile of 25,000 toothpicks. It even took off (completely level/sometimes arse end first) just like a real 1:1 BUFF

Edited by Out2gtcha

That's one thing I could never get into, flying models. I just know that after all that work, I'd fly it right into a bridge or something.

Nor me!

I think it's we put so much effort into our models - and they remain fragile for ever - the idea of it one hitting the ground at speed is not pretty.

It's my firm intention (of course I've said that before), to finish this beast this winter, once my new workbenches are completed, which I'm guessing will be January or so. In the meanwhile, I'll now be going through this thread, replacing all of the "hosted for free on photobucket" watermarked images, as that just bugs me no end. Now that I have a paid imageshack account, there's absolutely no reason to keep these mutilated images on here.