1/32 Hase P-51D

ChrisS

That "stang is looking good Chris... the best 32nd Hasegawa build I have ever seen.... no joke. Makes me want to get my ass into gear and go full steam ahead into the two I have started (stopped them since the NMF scares the ghost in me....) But that is a great build..... BTW how is the wife's foot coming along?

Cheers from a hot and humid Austria

Alan

Wife's foot is all better thanks, and thanks for the generous comments on Old Crow...too generous really.

I don't think I'll build this kit again though, not one of Hasagawa's best as far as fit and detail. I took a little liberty with the kill markings and they are slightly too large. The score board that came with the decals was badly out of register so I used the kill flags from the Hase sheet. I think they look ok...a little too bold maybe...?

Chris, the decals and kit look good to me.... you're just more critical of your own stuff as we all are.

Give it time and you'll think.."hey, this isn't so bad after all". The human factor assures that there will be a mistake somewhere. That was true for the guys that painted the real aircraft in WWII as well. Close inspection of color photos sometimes show bad paint jobs, mismatch colors, uneven lines etc. Maybe its the combat conditions, having to use whats at hand and running on very little sleep. Keep moving ahead with this one, its good. :rolleyes:

Tell "The Central Scrutenizer!" to take a flying leap off your model bench.

A lovely job all the way around.

Even if people did examine your "Old Crow" with a 50X magnifier like you are,

they'd still be impressed.

From normal viewing range, it's all that and more.

Mike

Almost done here.

Trying to keep the ship looking clean but combat tested with weathering. Let me know if I'm over doing it in these shots. I plan on using satin finish on most of the ship so the shiney parts will be toned down a bit, and I'll be doing a little bit more weathering on the nose/spinner.

Here's the starboard side of the nose.

post-4-1124425636.jpg