Combat Models A-26A Counter Invader (1/32)

Nice. I had to settle for buying the Italeri 1/72 kit.

The neat thing about the Italeri kit is it's already the Counter Invader...........The Revell/Monogram 1/48 kit you have to buy all the parts that make it the Nimrod....and that can get pricey..........But all these parts are in 1/48 so a little drafting for 1/32 scale.....Especially the landing gear.........

IMG_0289_zps877ed219.jpg

Edited by oldthudman5

Correction of propeller circle .......New circle is at the red markings.............."measure twice, cut once"....I think is the old adage.........

IMG_0270_zpsf3997cc2.jpg

Paddle blade redo.........Once cut out will then build up with putty then cast in resin.........

IMG_0271_zps84e34d9f.jpg

Rummaging thru my kit and found these "Techstar" (and one homemade) scribing templates to use on the "nose gun ports" drawing and then to do gun ports scribing...................

IMG_0272_zps2afc327b.jpg

Have a good day..................

Edited by oldthudman5

Have a keyboard in the way while working...........Use an old "music stand" to hold keyboard...........I also cover my keyboard (wireless) with a "Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner" (walmart)............A cheap but effective keyboard protector....

This is a better picture

10363711_682138388502521_859641564038081

Edited by oldthudman5

Oh boy, I for one am sure glad you're building this vac.

I so want one of those Nimrods!  Now I know I'll get one, because within a day of you finishing this build, someone will offer a 32 scale Counter Invader.

From the bottom of my heart,  THANK YOU!

:yahoo:

Yep, agreed...............And that's what's so exasperating is that some kit maker will do just that..............lollll  :coolio:    :)     :whistle:

Edited by oldthudman5

Well, no interior nor exterior (detail for that matter) I decided to do some "planning drafting"....I think I see a line off but that can be corrected.................Establishing nose gear box , cockpit box etc............

IMG_0291_zps34ff1ce7.jpg

IMG_0290_zpsc4a72aaa.jpg

Red body putty on that ugly seam............

IMG_0287_zps64368946.jpg

Besides sanding sticks I use this sanding block a lot...........................Bought several at Walgreens (beauty section) but bought a pack of 12(IIRC) at Sally's beauty supply for  about $8-$9USD

IMG_0292_zps4418e167.jpg

Edited by oldthudman5

Do me a favor when you finish this LOVELY BEAST........Build a 1/32 B-26 Marauder   so someone will do injection molding one!

watch'in you :wicked:

jack

Do that VooDoo huh???.......................hahaha