TAMIYA P-51D OLD CROW: UPDATE 1/4/14: FINISHED & IN THE BOOK

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Nick, much appreciated. Just posted the last of the front office photos, as that portion is now done. Thanks for checking in.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

That cocpit is so nice,

I like it alot, and all the details pop out really, it got a whole "right" look when i an eyeballing all the candy in there,

This one gonna be for shure when its finnished it gonna be that want to peek inside to se all that nice in the model.

Impressive and relly good work :D

Mine is like pigstie compare to yours :D

Got a pilot like Wild Bill Kelso in my bird....LOL

Edited by Mal_Belford

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Mal, appreciate the compliments. The front office has always been my favorite part of a model and I like to spend the extra time and dollars on upgrades. I'm not a super detailer as you are, just use what is out there, as it is a bit beyond my abilities. I finally figured out the correct settings for photoshop, so the interior colors came out correct in some of the photos.

Now back to the radiators and ducting assemblies.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hakan

Much appreciated. Both the Barracuda and Eduard parts fit perfectly, allowing the front office upgrade to go together without any fuss.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks J

So far the Mustang has been a blast and a joy to build. I even amazed myself on how the front office came out. Nothing finer then using quality after market products that look and fit so well. Still have to make a special trip to the super market to feed the carpet monster, as he had very slim pickings during the Mustang project so far.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 11/5/13 FUSLEAGE INTERIOR – DONE

After completing the front office (11/3/13) – last update, I set sights and finishing up all the remaining assemblies to complete the fuselage and seal her up. (Not being able to sleep sure helps move the construction along).  First up was the lower radiator assemblies. Straight forward as per the kit with the only changes being replacing the radiator screens and frames with the beautiful ones from Eduard. Being set way deep in the intakes, most likely, just a memory now. All the movable doors were built as per instructions and while they are beautifully done, a bit too toy like.

The business end of the fuselage was painted green zinc chromate and the NMF areas were Alclad Aluminum. Coolant pipes were finished with Alclad Dark Aluminum for a bit of contrast, as was the coolant tank. Additional Eduard PE was used to dress up the lower engine mount bracket.

At this point, all that remains is some light weathering for the engine mounts and then the moment of truth – gluing up the two halves and seeing how close I came without needing any fussing and fitting.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

PCW_4331_zps0af56ec2.jpg

PCW_4332_zps1ac27ee1.jpg

PCW_4333_zpsd4d09e92.jpg

PCW_4334_zpsfe7e02c3.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Thanks and much appreciated. I passed up painting those areas as I tend not to paint the deep recesses that won't be seen. I'm surprised on how much PE and resin upgrades I've used and from here on, there still looks like a hefty amount will be used.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hakan

Much appreciated. The Mustangs interior went together with all the resin and PE add=ons with almost no problems at all, which for me is a real eye opener.

Peter

Mal

Thanks and much appreciated. I passed up painting those areas as I tend not to paint the deep recesses that won't be seen. I'm surprised on how much PE and resin upgrades I've used and from here on, there still looks like a hefty amount will be used.

Peter

And the model itself its full of bits and parts :yahoo: never ending, and the box never seems to be empty lol, and you got that extra christmas bling too to put in there, this gonna be awesome im shure :D and exiting to see yout bird be finsihed ;)

T