Tamiya Corsair " VMF 214 "

DMurph

Great job Murph! This really is a WONDERFUL looking kit and your sure doing it justice. :clap2:

It really is a great kit, so much easier than the Trumpeter kit, since I backdated that one maybe I'll update one of these to a -4

Cheers Murph...

One more update for the Corsair. I did a bit of engine work tonight, I was going to go wild on this but decided to keep it simple. I wanted to just add some small wiring detail not all of it just enough to make it look a bit better. So here it is.

IMG_7240_640.jpg

IMG_7241_640.jpg

Cheers Murph...

That is one sweet looking engine!

_pL

Here is a very small update tonight The cowling ring needed to be a bit more dirty the picture color is a bit off it looks more like aircraft panel primer with the real thing. and I added horizontal stabs and elevators to night. they'll be no need to sand those seems the fit is perfect.

IMG_7250_640.jpg

IMG_7251_640.jpg

More later

Cheers Murph...

Looking good. I hope you dont mind me mentioning, but from the picture it looks like the elevators are deflected down? If so both of the tabs should be deflected up. Hope that is of some help.

James

Looking good. I hope you dont mind me mentioning, but from the picture it looks like the elevators are deflected down? If so both of the tabs should be deflected up. Hope that is of some help.

James

Yep James you are right I noticed it after the pic was taken I fixed it since then, that is what I get for working on it so late at night.

Thanks for the shout out on it.

Cheers Murph...

So I wanted to try this out, the landing gear doors well worn and sand blasted from pacific coral runways primer underneath worn out white paint and totally filthy from hard use. Let me know what you think of this technique. It looks better in person on the model.

IMG_7252_640.jpg

IMG_7253_640.jpg

IMG_7255_640.jpg

Cheers Murph...

Edited by DMurph